Scooter - riding mobile scooters with SailfishOS (testers wanted)

I have worked on an app to ride electric scooters via SFOS, since there are no official apps available on SFOS.

I was able to implement support for Bird scooters, and the result is this app:

Features:

• Show profile details
  • Show scooter locations and restricted areas on a map
  • Ring scooter
  • Unlock scooter / start ride by scanning the QR code on the scooter
  • Show pending/active rides which have not yet been stopped

I would be happy if someone volunteered to help me test it. I have performed several unlocks/rides using the app, so far I have encountered no issues.

The app is built using undocumented APIs, and therefore errors might occur. Please make sure to have a device capable of running the official Bird app (iOS/Android) to fix issues just in case.

Since this is my very first SFOS app, I am still new to packaging and providing the app to the stores. I have currently only built the RPMs and uploaded to github (Releases · patrickjane/harbour-scooter · GitHub), e.g. there is no official package available yet in any of the stores.

You might need to install Mapbox GL Native bindings for Qt QML | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System on your device, although I have added the dependency in my RPM spec. I am however pretty new to this, so I don’t know that well how dependency management works at all.

Feedback highly appreciated, let me know what you think of the app!

7 Likes

You have to set

Requires: mapboxgl-qml

and not qmapboxgl. The latter will be pulled automatically if needed as a dependency.

1 Like

Then I’ll get:

harbour-scooter: nothing provides mapboxgl-qml needed by harbour-scooter-1.0-1.armv7hl (code: 13)
Installation failed

Anything else I should add?

You have to have my OpenRepos repository added as well. That one provides mapboxgl-qml

And by this you mean adding the repo within the Storeman app or adding the repo to the rpm spec? I really can’t find any documentation about this, so its a bit hard to figure this out.

Sorry. Yes, adding at OpenRepos. SPEC does not specify repos used to resolve dependencies.

In principle, you could add using ssu or similar tools, but OpenRepos Storeman makes it way easier.

Okay, to clarify:

• it is not possible to ship the app with all infos for dependencies so everything works automatically when installing
  • users will have to add your repo manually in Storeman before installing the app, otherwise the app would not install

Because on my XA2, appearently your repo was already added (I had puremaps installed before), but still the app didn’t install (as per my comment above).

it is not possible to ship the app with all infos for dependencies so everything works automatically when installing

In this case, correct. At least, until we get OBS Chum repos working and can add such dependencies as Mapbox GL QML there. Assuming that users have enabled Chum repo on their devices.

users will have to add your repo manually in Storeman before installing the app, otherwise the app would not install

Correct. This approach is also used by Amazfish and Kuri, see the description for these apps.

XA2 refusing to install

Maybe pkcon refresh is needed?

That seem to have worked. The 32bit version now also runs on my XA2. Thanks!