Saving Sailfish SDK installation temp files

I’m over a slow network connection, and after half an hour of waiting for the installation packages to get downloaded, the installation failed because I hadn’t added the user to the docker group. Now I’ll have to wait for the download again (or wait until next week). This has bitten me before, but this time it’s a “real” issue because of the Internet connection speed.

Is there a way to make the installer save the downloaded packages in such way that the online installed can pick them up again later and not delete them afterwards?

That sounds dangerous… should any failed install leave gigabytes of files around?
There is always the offline installer…

A good installed (application) cleans after itself, that’s correct by all means! I’d just like to have a way to avoid downloading the same files again, and again, and again. In this case I noticed that logging out from the desktop and logging in does not update the user groups. I’m going to have download them the third time now…

The offline installer hasn’t included the Docker images (when I last checked, now it doesn’t seem to be communicated one way or the other) but I could give that a try.

The offline image still doesn’t include the Docker build engine. Well, at least the download size is smaller by a considerable amount, but now I had to download the 1.9GB offline installer with 950MB archive every retry…

This bit me again. I downloaded the SDK yesterday, only for it to fail on some mysterious Docker errors. Today I just downloaded the offline installer, only for it to download the 950MB Docker build engine on top.

Could you please a) provide another offline installer with Docker build engine or b) provide a method to locally save the downloaded repository so it can be re-used? This is getting frustrating…

1 Like