Saving files from a WebView fails to return to the view properly

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.72
HARDWARE: xperia 10ii, vollaphone, gs290
UI LANGUAGE: en_US, de_DE
REGRESSION: unsure

DESCRIPTION:

When saving files and following the file picker from WebView,the view does not properly return. You are left with a blank screen. Other pickers/pop-ups seem to work.

It could well be that I need to implement something to ensure that the return is correct? The documentation on :

import Sailfish.WebView.Popups 1.0
import Sailfish.WebView.Pickers 1.0

Is a bit spare. But it’s possible that I’m just missing an implementation detail? In any case, it ‘looks’ like the navigation through successive pages in the file heirarchy leads to the stack being off by one.

PRECONDITIONS:

You need to install an app that saves files from within a WebView. I have several on offer :slight_smile: My tests were with harbour-scaler and harbour-bassoontracker.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. install harbour-scaler
  2. select export to midi
  3. witness a blank page.

EXPECTED RESULT:

When the location in a file picker is ‘accepted’, return to the initial view.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Do not return to the initial view.

MODIFICATIONS:

Same result on a stock 10ii as on the volla phone. The 10ii doesn’t even have android apps on it.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

May be my programming error!? I’ve declared no special interfaces in QML for popups or pickers.

Thanks for the report @poetaster. This could well be an issue in the implementation; use of the component should be pretty obvious after all. Do you have a minimal working example you could share?

I’ve logged this internally at any rate and tagged it as “tracked”.

1 Like

I’ll cook up a minimal example when I find a minute!