Save screenshots to sdcard

Screenshots should be saved to sdcard if camera pictures are saved there. Or have a separate setting.

It would be consistant with the camera app. And it would make it easier to use screenshots on the Android side.

(I tried symlinking but that didn’t work)

6 Likes

Look in /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/VolumeControl directory, and open Screenshot.qml. There’s a line that says ‘var folderPath = StandardPaths.pictures + “/Screenshots/”’ I don’t know the exact syntax to change it to sdcard, but that would do it, if you figure it out…

1 Like

OK, I got it, simple - I just changed it to ‘var folderPath = “/media/sdcard/BB34-0DF6/”’, and it works. (you’ll need to change “BB34-0DF6” to whatever label your sdcard is…)
It will save to the root of the sdcard. If you want to create a different folder you it, just add it to the path.

Ok, thanks. I might do that even though I’m not very keen on patching the system files.

1 Like

Note that when you change that directory, you will no longer be taken to your screenshots when you tap the pop-up notification that says, “screenshot taken, tap to view…”, because the Gallery app looks in the Screenshots directory for them. You can fix that by opening /usr/share/jolla-gallery/Gallery.qml, and find the lines that say something like “file path… standard path picture +” screenshot"", and change it to file path “/run/media/nemo/(sdcard label)/”.

Maybe @coderus can add the option to ScreenTapShot app…

1 Like

I second this with a massive +1.

What about:

ln -s /run/media/nemo/<uuid>/Pictures/Screenshots/ /home/nemo/Pictures/Screenshots

Would maybe work if @Jolla would not change that path to SD card then and when and leave it broken for months …

And as said already: