SailSeries - A simple app to view details of your favorite tv-series and track your progress

The current API from TheTVDB will be deprecated at the end of march 2021, most likely the whole app becomes unusable at that point. If someone enjoys the app & has time to start the migration process, it would be awesome.

I’ll have time to do the migration maybe during the summer holidays so some (or more!?) downtime is to be expected. Wanted to post here as the support thread / comments in Jolla store does not propagate well enough.

1 Like

I studied the new v4 API yesterday a bit and thetvdb.com is offering two types of commercial licenses to gain access to the data.

1. User subscription in which every user of SailSeries would purchase an yearly $12 license and submit their personal PIN code into the app to be able to use the data from thetvdb.com.
  2. Some kinda negotiable license fee; I this option I’d have to purchase the licence, I would get a single API key as currently also and everything would stay the same.

I sent a query about the group license fee so let’s see how expensive that would be.

I would be pleased to hear your thoughts on this matter also :open_hands:

Got the V4 API key and started refactoring the app. :slight_smile:

I also submitted a new v2.0 version to harbour which introduces a worker thread for the database worker with aarch64 & i486 binaries.

1 Like