SailfishOS Verla 4.2 losing passwords?

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): not really tested
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): verla 4.2.0.21
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: EN
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

since undating, my trusted XA2 lost login and password of two websites. In fact, the name was correct but the password was changed, so it was wrong. Now, after a restart, Login to twitter via Piepmatz failed, too. My phone will not log in via the app nor via browser. So I re-logged in, adding my credentials, a twitter message warned about unusual happenings. Now it works. Wonder if anybody else experiences losing names or passwords?

PRECONDITIONS:

take a XA2 single sim and upgrade to verla 4.2.0.19

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. upgrade your XA2
  2. point your browser to a website with access by name/password (which you used befor the upgrade)
  3. see if SailfishOS enters your credentials.

EXPECTED RESULT:

enter the correct credentials for each website of other account

ACTUAL RESULT:

after upgrade, some credential info seems lost or mashed up: Passwords are entered, but they are wrong.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)
sorry, I could not make screen shots, and after re-entering the info everything seems ok.

1 Like

May be related, ma be not: I lost the HotSpot config for no obvious reason with 4.2.
After switching on, I was suddenly prompted to enter a password - my previous config (including SSID) was lost.
If hotspot-config is stored in a shared credentials DB, which the browser uses for password storage too, I can confirm this bug.