Sailfish secrets for an app stuck after update to 4.5.0.16

REPRODUCIBILITY: no idea
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.16
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE: Czech
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

After updating to 4.5.0.16 my app BitSailor stopped working and asks for access to its own secrets collection all the time. It constantly complains that the collection is owned by a different application.

Same thing happened to @ninepine, you can see it in a comment on OpenRepos.

EDIT: To clarify, I’m the author of the application and this problem can be solved by manually deleting the collection files from the filesystem which is far from ideal but at least there’s a workaround.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Install BitSailor from OpenRepos on SFOS 4.4.0.72
  2. Update to 4.5.0.16
  3. Open BitSailor

EXPECTED RESULT:

App is working.

ACTUAL RESULT:

App is not working.

MODIFICATIONS:

Storeman, Patchmanager, Chum.

2 Likes

I imagine you will have to wait for SDK to be updated to the latest SFOS release, then the author can update his application…just a wild guess.

I’m the author of the application. And I have no idea how to update the application. And I don’t think it’s a problem with the application, after manually deleting the collections from the filesystem, it works again. So it’s indeed the update that somehow broke it.

I’ll update the post with this info.

lol, ok, you’re the author. I think that just by rebuilding your app with the new SDK release (when it’s released, I don’t know) may well fix your problem. There have been many changes for this latest release of SFOS and so the SDK has to follow suit.

I can’t find the notes on SDK releases, but I recall reading that SDK will be updated to match the build number of the latest OS release.

The problem is that the app was installed on the system and cannot be opened after the update. Which makes it clearly a bug. Also the collection is definitely not owned by a different application given the application created it. Also it cannot be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. The problem is in some backwards-incompatible way of using the secret collections.

I doubt it helps with this issue. But anyway, the early access targets were released on the same day as the os.

Thanks @vige, I was only guessing. I did also check for updates to SDK, nothing appeared yet.

You need to install the early access targets, otherwise you don’t see updates.