Sailfish OS on Xperia 10 Plus, what is working and what is not

at list the Deutsche Bahn App does work on my XA2 Ultra, I guess this should be the same on XA2

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you.

One thing I should add: If you don’t use Microg you will get frequent pop-ups complaining that you don’t have Google Play Service, but it has no impact on functionality

2 Likes

What is NOT working:

HARDWARE

• FM Radio
  • only one camera on the back is working
1 Like

i think there are things mixed up a bit:

• what works on this device in detail due to missing hardware adaption and defects
  • sailfishos specific issues or even non-google device issuess

it is not specific to this device, that android app’s without google play services will complain that they are missing. that would be the case even on an lineage android devices …

YTPlayer currently just does not work anywhere

native Browser …

1 Like

@pawel.spoon, @max_power, @davidrasch, @wolfgangcramer Thank your for the comments. I’ve imagined to keep the post up to date and polish it with current state of affairs or new information but I cannot edit it anymore. I will post a new, improved one and link it in the comment.

My Xperia 10 Plus (dual SIM) allows to use front/back camera in Camera App. Which application is not working with your front camera?

guess you need more karma. i can edit my posts …

But also for you editing is limited to 30 days.
After that no chance anymore.

Else you reach TL3 and can convert your own OPs into wikis.

Or you ask admin to do so.

Please see here

1 Like

The second rear camera is not working.

2 Likes

Add Netflix to the list.

The APK from support page is for older Android version; the one in Google Play is not supported.

Btw, Google Play can be installed (see my comment ) and a lot of apps and games work (Kindle, Spotify, Firefox, Chrome, Instagram).

Tinder doesn’t work (stuck on splash screen).
Some micromobility (electric scooter rental) apps don’t work, complaining about location services not working (even after there’s a GPS fix).

Netflix worked on Xperia X with older Android version (local download didn’t work because device is untrusted).

In general, for SailfishOS:
Native Facebook and VK calendar/account integration doesn’t work anymore.

I have a 10, not a 10 plus, but compass is working just fine (SFOS 4.2), if you calibrate it properly. You can use e.g. csd or GPSInfo to see calibration state.

@nephros : is it normal that I have to calibrate the compass each time I launch GPSInfo? Or is this a bug? Calibration works fine and after cal., it displays ‘100%’ in the calibration field. But it always forgets calibration after closing GPSInfo / Pure Maps.

edit: I also have a X10. (without plus)

From what I learn from your other thread (bug report), and very brief lookup on the web, it’s normal in the sense that it’s necessary often if/as you live in an environment that makes life hard for the magnetometer (different metals, magnetic fields all over, and you move around in them).

There are a couple of explanations in this thread for example.

Would you leave the phone in one place after calibrating, and ensure none of the disturbances move past it I guess it would stay calibrated.

1 Like

Yes, it stays now calibrated and works fine! I started GPSInfo about 1 hour ago, tested and wrote my post, then closed the app. Now I restarted GPSInfo (1 hour later), and the calibration is still 100%! For me, this is new in SFOS …15. With …12 I had to recalibrate the compass after each start of GPSInfo, even after one minute!

1 Like

My fingerprint sensor isn’t working there is a workaround?

WAASEBAC (We Aint A Search Engine But A Community!)

Try to use the search tool (top right of the page)
You will find all you need regarding the fingerprint:

1 Like

Update: Tinder does work, it just needs to catch GPS signal to move past splash screen (in general, Android navigation works way worse than iPhone, but I think Sailfish satelite search sucks even more).

What is also not working most of the time is to shut down the device properly. Sure this bug is in aosp, but it annoyed me so much that the x10+ is a brick for me atm, after not getting lineageos20. I hope the new ubports will land on it, but they also have trouble with volte, so only just for fun…

1 Like

This bug is especially annoying when repairing the phone!

I prefer SFOS on it, it’s a fantastic large screen, the largest one for SFOS and better to use than any Android-derivates, i.e. LineageOS.

I changed once screen and battery. For me all works fairly well in this phone, dual-sim + sd-card and fingerprint reader.

The biggest drawback is the relatively short battery life but that’s Sony’s fault releasing such large phone with a tiny battery. I’m planning to replace the battery once again with a larger capacity one. It’s a challenge to open and close this phone properly but I’m experienced.