Sailfish OS on Nokia G22

The battery of my Nokia Xperia AX2 is almost dead and the mobile phone is in terrible condition, I wanted to replace it with the Nokia G22 Smartphone (4G 128GB, 4GB RAM, 6.52″ display, Dual Sim) has anyone tested if it works with Sailfish OS?

What? You mean Sony xperia xa2 and what?

I would like to know if anyone has installed and used Sailfish OS on a Nokia G22 smartphone.

No, there is not. Sailfish OS isn’t ported to Nokia G22 AFAIK.

Sin. The cost of an Xperia 10 or AX2 is not worth the purchase with all the installation work that is required. I’ll look at another OS.

Well, “all the installation work that is required” will be about the same on any OS, except from the stock google crap that is already installed.

3 Likes

i looked it up and there isn’t even lineagos ported for the nokia g22 as it seems

Sailfish’s lack of compatibility with other cell phones is what’s holding me back.

I’m pretty sure you can find deals for used Xperia 10 III for less than 150€ if you look around.
You can also check sailfish porters on telegram for other devices too.

Other than that, maybe you need to rethink your choices regarding phone OSes. Why do you want to use sailfish for example, to see if it is worth the effort and the money to get a new phone.

I’m not trying to undermine your point or anything of course. I’m saying that because for me it was the other way around every time I wanted to try sailfish.
Meaning “what device should I get now to test the current state of the OS” and not “I want to buy this device and then decide what OS I’m going to use with it” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I bought my Xperia AX2 over three years ago for 150 euros. During the week I saw on some Xperia AX2 portals between 150 and 200 euros, it seems to me a lot. While, Xperia 10 II or III seen between 300 and 400 euros. On which sites have you seen the smartphone at that price? Thank you.

I bought 2 Xperia 10 III on eBay Kleinanzeigen (now just Kleinanzeigen) a few months ago for 250€.
First one for 130€ and the second one in like new condition and one year warranty left for 120€.
I don’t remember the listing prices, I just sent 120/130 as an offer in both cases and both times it was accepted by the seller.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I’ve been to see the site but I saw high prices (180/250) for a used and private. So I turned to www.refurbed.com which with 249 is practically new with a one year warranty.

1 Like