Sailfish OS license work in Australia?

Hey folks!

I’m new here and this is my first time posting. I’m really interested in starting to experiment with Jolla Sailfish, but I had a question. I moved to the Czech Republic from Australia, and at some point I might return (who knows).

If I buy a Sailfish OS license for an Xperia 10 iii device, what happens if or when I move back to Australia? Will my SFOS license still work? Like, it won’t be deactivated or anything, will it?

I just want to know what I’m getting myself in before I buy a device and then the SFOS license. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I’d say nothing will happen. There are dozens of Sailfish users all around the world in “unsupported” countries who had to use proxies or VPNs to buy their license (I can confirm, using non-EU credit cards for payment works as well) but after that nobody really seems to care where your phone is actually located.

2 Likes

Yes, it’ll work. I’ve lived in NZ for the entirety of my license (dating back to Jolla 1) and never had an issue. I’ve bought an additional license since then as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

Thanks for the info!