Sailfish on Xperia XA2 troubleshooting, storage size

Hallo, can someone help me?
I have installed sailfish on Xperia Xa2 few days ago, I proceeded using the installation guide from sailfish official webside. After successfull instalation i discovered issue with internal storage. Used phone has 32 Gb internal storage but in settings says, that internal storage is around 18Gb. Has anyone idea, what could be issue here?

I not really good in english, so if there is someone from Czech Republic or Slovakia, who would be willing to help me, please conntact me via email: k.marcel@seznam.cz

Thanks for answare.

Unfortunately that is the way it is.
The flash to SFOS did not overwrite (make use of) the Android firmware partition which is quite huge (10-12GB).

So you need to live with that relative small available user space (for me the same since Jolla1/JollaC/XA2) …

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the answare.

You are welcome.

I also see that you have a standard (may get soon™ too small!) root size.
So if you and cli of linux are good buddies (console and some file system knowledge) you may follow olf’s guide
https://together.jolla.com/question/222126/guide-installing-sailfish-x-on-xperias/#222126-33-increasing-the-root-lvm-volume-size
and increase your root (hereby even limiting the home even more).

3 Likes

Is it impossible to resize the home partition to utilize the unused space? Why is nobody talking about this?

1 Like

Have a look here:

Chapter 3.3 and be very careful please!
(for me it worked on a Xperia 10)

edit: I suggest to read the whole page carefully, it contents a lot of important information.

There is also this solution:

Read carefully before making your choice though.

1 Like

Interesting, I remember in the 3.3 times, making a ranty post about having to fix that partition manually with e2fsck, finding the exact extents needed to get a 5GB partition. I haven’t changed anything on that XA2 since then and it’s still rocking along even on 4.5, for whatever that’s worth. This method looks a bit easier, just a shame it has to be done at all.