Sailfish Community News, 19th May, Xperia 10 III and VoLTE

https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Is this really a thing? Where would that previous usage and settings be stored if you’re reflashing the phone???

Same here (though device gave ‘fastboot: usage: unknown command device’, but continue pushed it further, thanks!)

Yeah I get it, it sounds impossible. But then I see posts like this:

I’ve heard other such stories too, so just checking with the source!

1 Like

Any ideas how to install Storeman on Xperia 10 III ? The Storeman installer doesn’t work and I couldnt find any workaround yet. Thanks

Yeah I tried it too, just download the aarch64 package from here: Release sfos4.2/0.3.0-5 · storeman-developers/harbour-storeman · GitHub

2 Likes

With the network provider?

1 Like

The network has to know if your device is capable of receiving MMS messages, maybe this check does not work on SFOS thus the idea of using this service on Anrdoid first, letting the telcoms operator enable it for a specific IMEI and then switching back to SFOS.

1 Like

I flashed my Xperia 10 III yesterday (Wednesday) evening. I tried first with openSUSE LEAP 15.3 (with android-tools from OBS), and it worked fine to unlock the bootloader, but the flashing failed with that ‘getvar secure: FAILED’-message. Read something about using a USB-hub or older computer, so tried again on my secondary laptop; a MacBook Pro from 2012 (also with openSUSE LEAP 15.3), but I just got the same error message. I tried Windows without luck (I have an unregistered copy of Windows 10 and it wouldn’t load the correct driver for Android device). But I finally got it all to work in Fedora 35. Now I’m a happy clam :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you’ve run into problems. As @oroesler and @rgp suggest, contacting us via Zendesk is the best approach. But I’ve also sent you a private message so we can sort things out.

1 Like

Thank you for your response

1 Like

Sorry to hear it took so many attempts @larsmaria, but I’m glad you got it working in the end and I admire your perseverance!

Thanks a lot, now it works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had the same issue, plugging the usb back in and doing fastboot reboot solved it for me.

1 Like

Well, I should have guessed; it says “(e.g. Ubuntu , Red Hat, Fedora)” in the installation instructions, not “openSUSE” anywhere. And an unregistered copy of Windows is bound to be crippled in different ways (I can’t even change desktop background). So, the flash process took a bit longer than I imagined, but it was well worth it and I’m a bit wiser :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welp… Might’ve rushed it then as only checked on-phone things like camera/sensors, getting nano sim today so fingers crossed, btw does anyone know if you can load a backup from jolla C onto XIII? It’s not finding it automatically probably because it’s prefixed with JollaC, not sure if safe to try changing the prefix (it’s from 4.4.0.58 and has nemo user to make it even more likely to fail)

Congrats on 10iii support.
I’ll join the party with v4.5.

2 Likes

Have you had any luck finding a firmware for Android 11. I’ve done as much searching as I can and the only thing I can find is site claiming to have them but downloads are behind a paywall (https://romdevelopers.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=folder&id=42274). Everything else I can find are Android 11 firmwares. Pretty stuck at this point.

No, i had no luck either. I ended up installing Windows 10 in an VM and downgraded with Emma.

Good news! Thanks to all contributors! Today I purchased a license for 10III. It has been a few years since I flashed and it makes me sweating carrots but I will try again.

2 Likes