Sailfin - a Jellyfin client for Sailfish OS
Jellyfin is a free multimedia server that puts you in control of your media. Stream to any device from your own server, with no strings attached. Your media, your server, your way.
Sailfin allows you to connect to your Jellyfin server and stream media of it to your Sailfish device!
This is still an alpha version. Code may be unstable, design may be suboptimal and features are missing!
Feel free to ask any questions, report bugs and suggest features in this thread!
- Available at OpenRepos.net
- Not yet available in Harbour. I will try to release it over there once the application gets more stable and some of the fundamental functions are implemented and I have stopped creating a new release every other day. I don’t want to overload the QA team
- Source code available at GitHub
Please use one of the following methods if you want to report an bug:
- Preferably: leave an issue at GitHub
- Alternatively: Leave a reply on this thread
- No video quality selection possible
- Sailfin will verly likely force Jellyfin to transcode your video, as it only contains a hardcoded device profile for now.
- The page transitions are a bit sluggish — probably since Sailfin loads and updates its UI while
a page transition is in progress.
I won’t guarantee anything, but this is the roadmap for the application I currently have in mind
Synchronize playback progress with the Jellyfin serverAdded in v0.3.0
- Minor UI adjustments, like displaying errors better
- Better video playback options (e.g. streaming quality, changing options while streaming)
- Music playback
- More advanced photo viewer (swiping through folders, etc)
- More accurate device profile generation
- Marking content as favourite or watched
- Remote controlling other sessions, like selecting content on your phone and playing it on your TV.
Unlikely ever implemented (by me)
My main motivation for this project is to fulfil my personal needs. Some of these features are unnecessary for my usage and since this is an unpaid, hobby project, I consider these features out of scope for this application:
- Editing metadata — please do your fingers a favour and use a device with a proper keyboard
- Advanced music/video playback beyond what QtMultimedia offers.
- Think of gapless playback, equalizers and so on. Please synchronize your music to your phone with Syncthing or similar and use a more advanced music player.
- Full, two way media synchronisation.
- Live television and DVR - I don’t have the proper hardware and a television subscription to test it out.