S-pankki app doesn't work with Vanha Rauma update

Damn, well, it was a long shot anyways :slight_smile:

For the record, S-mobiili no longer works on my plain Android Pixel 3a either, since they got super aggressive in their check-for-root logic: even with a stock ROM which passes SafetyNet Basic integrity checks, it refuses to start if the bootloader on the device is unlocked.

For some reason the app doesn’t work for me either anymore; it just hangs on the blank green screen. I’ll check the logs (hopefully) later in the week. This has been the case despite reinstalling.

Hmm…actually it started to work again when I switched off ‘Disable AAS system Package verification’ from the settings > Android App Support. I did some testing and it seems to affect the app, can’t launch if I switch it on again. Though again switching it off and launching the app fails.

edit: managed to launch when I used wifi instead of the cell data. And now I can launch with cell data as well. Peculiar.

Just to emphasize that my issue has been that it doesn’t nag about rooting but just hangs on the screen splash screen (no logos or anything); I’ve assumed that it has been about the rooting but it might (also) be about internet connection - which seems to be a known issue.

Edit 2: I have not noticed the connection issue with any other android app though.

1 Like

It took several tries (green screen then crashing) but after disabling and enabling Android support, S-mobiili started working again on the XA2 with microG and updated S-mobiili.

The non-working 10 II has the same microG settings but both the Android image in /opt/alien and installed S-mobiili are 64-bit (the apk supports arm, arm64, x86 and x86_64).

Thanks for the report, bug created.

S-mobiili has had problems with their updates before. The November update mentioned didn’t seem to work for a lot of people (not just Jolla users). I’m hoping that they will roll back this super aggressive move as well. Have personally reverted to using S-mobiili on my work phone (Android) but it’s a pain. In general I think it’s outrageous that publishers of critical software for users like this (if the app is not working, there’s no way to do your banking at all as it’s needed for signing on to online bank as well) are essentially forcing users’ choices on devices.

I’ve moved this topic to the “Bug Reports” section and marked it as tracked (since only topics under that section can be marked this way). I hope that’s okay @tepeskeli, but please let me know if you object.

That’s fine, I don’t object.

1 Like

There is an S-mobiili update dated 14.4.2022.

XA2 with microG: after about 10 failures (green screen, then crash) Lipstick crashed and S-mobiili started working (but I had to start jolla-clock from Terminal).

10 II with microG: same as before, rooted device page in browser.

Volla/GS290 with Waydroid: same as before, toimii kuin junan vessa (works perfectly).

The latest S-mobiili 2.15.0 installed from Aptoid seems to work again on my XA2 with SFOS 4.4.0.58 and microG (not sure whether is required or not). Before installaton I removed the old non-working S-mobiili app.

Tested current status with a 10 III without microG: 2.16 from Aurora doesn’t work.

Unfortunately my reinstalled S-mobiili works only couple of days. Now I get only green blank screen again. Reinstallation to 2.15.0 or 2.16.0 did not work. Neither Android App support relaunch.

I was able to manage S-mobiili working on my XA2 again by following steps:

1. Switch wifi on
  2. Launch S-mobiili. Green blank screen appears. Leave it backgroud
  3. Open Settings > Android support
  4. Stop and restart Android support
  5. Go back to S-mobiili and please be patient. The green screen stay about 15s before the S-mobiili to start up on my XA2.
    While S-mobiili was working with wifi I was able to switch back to mobile data. Restarting S-mobiili with mobile data cause S-mobiili authentication and pin setup.
    I have to do all five steps above every time after XA2 rebooted except the first step I am able to use mobile data due to extra authentication procedure.
2 Likes

Installed Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.68 update. The S-mobiili app (version 2.16.0 is the latest I believe) is now working with my Sony Xperia 10 Dual SIM.

1 Like

4.4.0.68, 2.16.0, 10 III without microG, works.

I have the same setup. “Now working” means that it won’t get stuck in the ‘green screen’ for a while at start and then showing some info about rooted devices. A definite improvement.

What doesn’t work is logging in by the fingerprint and locating your own shop (Oma kauppa). At least the latter may be because I don’t have microG installed (and the error is “Error connecting to GoogleApiClient”).

I have tried to install microG using F-Droid, but end up with “not installed” errors while trying the install.

EDIT: And the setup is 4.4.0.68, 2.16.0, 10 II (not 10 III), without microG.

4.4.0.68, S-mobiili 2.16.0 and Xperia 10 II Dual SIM works (without microG). Some parts of “Oma kauppa” don’t work "Edut ja vinkit and “Digitaaliset palvelut” and gives warning like in previous post by @jas. Aynway “Bonus ja hintaedut” and “Kuitit” still seem to work, just ignore the warning.

I got the S-pankki app working. I reinstalled sailfish android 12 with all updates to the latest version. S-pankki app now works on Sony Xperia 10 III.

2 Likes

Anyone else have problems showing card information? Latest version (SFOS 4.5 and the app).