Request: official statement from Jolla about unusable Xperia 10 III devices

No other provider? Iliad’s contract options are limited.

You experience the problem with an Xperia 10 III device and a SIM provided by WINDTRE?

Yes. I have one Vodafone SIM (my main one), one Windtre SIM (for my backup Android phone) and one Iliad SIM (which I use for data only). Only Iliad works.

Could the problem be related to the age of the SIM card? Old SIM cards vs new SIM cards?

same problem with old and new on talkmobile.

Thank you for your response. Wish it’d be a different one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its hard to reply on correct thread with broken mobile data for X10 III, plenty of them. Anyway, just want to let you know, it still not fixed in 4.5 release. High hopes…

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @akikyo. Could you provide a little more detail (unless you already did somewhere else)? Which carrier, circumstance, etc.

1 Like

Is there any information on what has been done to improve the 10iii mobile-data situation in 4.5?

I couldn’t see anything specific in the release notes…

1 Like

There are quite a few changes. I’d suggest checking the ChangeLog, searching for ofono, connman, libconnman-qt, “mobile data” and Wifi should pick up many of them, I think.

2 Likes

Carrier: Plus (Poland)
Circumstance: Mobile data works like a charm till first reboot, sometimes survives one more reboot. I have tried every method mentioned by community, but nothing helps to revive mobile data, only fresh flash. From ofono logs it was: “Unexpected data call status 4100”.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying @akikyo; that will be useful info for us at Jolla, but also for other Sailfish OS users potentially experiencing the same.

1 Like

I got a new SIM card, and indeed, the problem persists. I tried to contact Vodafone’s tech service, but they would not let me explain, thinking I didn’t understand or insisting going through the configurations. I am expecting, however, they told me, to get contacted again with eventually more details about the problem.

1 Like

I vaguely remember that I did have, for some limited time and right after installing SailfishOS, an internet connection.

It looks like right after flashing the connection works until reboot.

2 Likes

Yes, i’m certain I did in have mobile data after flashing - before finding it gone some time afterward. Certain, because it was one of things Jolla expect you test on the device before flashing, so i tested it after also.

1 Like

@flypig Could you please speculate about the meaning of “little while”?

1 Like

This is a fair question, it’s been too long, and I’m afraid that’s my fault. I have to ask you to be patient a little longer, and I will do my best to get you an answer about the instructions.

3 Likes

Issue worked around by installing CLAT and switching the protocol under Access point to IP (IPv4).
This should be quite a hint for a final solution.
EDIT: Connection does not work any more. Too bad.

You shouldn’t need to set the protocol at all, but to use CLAT it must be either ‘dual’ or ‘IPv6’

1 Like