Rephone made in Germany

The article seems fair, yet it doesn’t mention that the Rephone has 6 RAM and the GS5 only 4 .
With production or assembling nearby it is perhaps easier to customise a device? That’s how e/foundation, Volla and Rephone could make use of Gigaset.
Actually we should have a device with the quality of an iphone, with spare parts that can be changed by ourselves, ethically produced and guaranteed for at least five years

2 Likes

This tbh!
btw: The word “Nachhaltigkeit” translated to English means “let all poor people and poor countries die”.

Thanks for the link! Time to put the squeeze on the Gigaset folk. Now to go find a lever.

@poetaster for which device will sailfish os port released???

Well this is not the exact problem, if it were really “Nachhaltigkeit” and not only advertisement. It means we pay more and use longer, so we reduce pollution and save materials. With what we have saved the prices of these materials (hopefully) fall and those countries can have also a chance to get something. At the moment they do not get anything, except the rubbish that we leave behind.
Oh and I am far from being environmental activist.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. Sad thing is, typical envionmentalists don’t see it like this.

1 Like

you were going to test on the rephone, were you not? to now with the GS290(and GX290 version) and the GS5 is in progress. @piggz is the person to answer that.

There is thread for the GS5 port

https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/the-volla-22-gigaset-gs5-thread

:rofl: the German-Chinese scheme as predicted.
That’s why it was written “Assembled in Germany”. Poor Germans …

2 Likes

Rephone like Gigaset GS5 Pro…

https://www.gigaset.com/pro/de_de/smartphones/gigaset-gs5-pro/

3 Likes

Just testing now and the Rephone, after flashing VollaOs and testing works fine with 4.5.0.19. Nice device. from ‘new’ to beat up: ebay.de/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=novendu&store_name=hifiextra&_oac=1&_nkw=rephone

1 Like

way to big, another frying pane phone like many on the market.

I really would like to have it!