[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

I had exactly the same problem with Xperia X Dual SIM and this solved the problem, thanks :slight_smile:

It can take a while - 15 minutes, maybe longer if the signal strength seen by the phone is poor and/or it doesn’t have a full view of the sky. It looks like the first attempt after upgrade has lost the almanac, which takes a while (12-and-a-half minutes) to download for the full almanac, which it can only do once it has ‘found’ the first satellite, which itself can take a while when working from a ‘factory reset’ start.
I thought I had a problem, but it was simply impatience, and not understanding how long the first fix can take.

Righto, will give it another go, when I’m outside.

How can I remove partially downloaded update package? Initially the update filesize for download was fine and I was asked to remove storeman and seaprint. However, after removing these 2 programs, the download of the system update restarted from the beginning. This time it was only 70MB and it wanted me to delete all packages that it could find on the system so clearly something went wrong. I am not able to use GUI to check for the update anymore as it wants to install what was downloaded. Therefore, which files do I need to delete so that the GUI searches for the update again?

Normally people tend to ignore the warning just before installing a new system which is - nota bene - not the one that asked for the deinstallation of (in your case) storeman and seaprint. You better do not ignore this one.

The warning which is often ignored (I did that myself more than once) is the one asking you to uninstall most of the system that comes at the start of the installation.

The small size of the update might be caused by the download process taking up, where it stopped before.

So: Absolutely no guarantee but the update might just work if started again. Or it might not.

Better listen first to what people wiser than me might have to say before you brick your device.

That’s because system version and your repos got switched to 4.4.0.58 while the update was downloading, without the actual update. A known bug. Please see this and this.

1 Like

Posting my experience in upgrading to 4.4.0.58
My Xperia X was on 4.1.0.24.
Sfos-upgrade helped me to fix 4.1.0 installation and than update to 4.2.0.21 and than 4.3.
I used post_sfos-upgrade after each reboot.

Update to 4.4.0 was fine but I lost some apps: Depecher is the most critical one.
I fixed the installation by downloading the RPM from github and installing it with rpm -i --nodeps depecher-0.8.3-1.armv7hl.rpm

Depecher is an old telegram app right? Fernschreiber and Yottagram are both newer telegram client apps.

Thanks. Indeed, that was the issue. I was able to successfully update the system with commands provided in those links.

jisho.org’s dark theme still not working in this version of the browser.

1 Like

Hey there!

First thanks for the all the work some people put into sfos and trying to help other folks :slight_smile:

I have an Xa2 with 4.3 and Xperia X compact recently flashed with the sailfish-patcher and 4.4

I did a backup (including some apps) on my xa2 and used it on the xcompact but besides that its “clean”.

The Wifi is acting different on my compact in comparison to xa2 bu in general it seems to work fine.
(On xa2 I could just one click wifi in the upper menu and turn it on and off. On xcompact the wifi search always comes up even if I’m in reach of a know wifi. It seems it is also connecting correctly but still showing the search wifi. Can click anywhere to make it disappear… so not a big problem.)

But I think I’m running into some sandbox problems. I’m using Wifikiller and I guess it is not sandbox ready. If I add the

[X-Sailjail]
Disabled

with a newline before that in
/usr/share/applications/WiFiKilL3r.desktop

The Wifikiller Icon disappears. Same for harbour-ownkeepass (The app is working but only in non hidden i.e. default folders, workaround for me is keeping the database in one of these folders, like ~/Documents)

However if I start the apps through the command line or launch them with storeman the apps are working like expected. Am I missing something cause the sailjail line is often mentioned as a workaround in this thread…

Thanks in advance and keep on doing whatever you do.

kk

It’s
[X-Sailjail]
Sandboxing=Disabled

Thanks man, don’t know how I’m able to miss that while copying. Cheers

The update on my Xperia 10 II, like nearly any SFOS update so far, was completely without problems. After reading this thread, I had de-installed storeman out of caution. Looking forward to Xperia 10 III support to be ready!

3 Likes

Also had this. For me, it turned out that the installation wasn’t completed. The version number was increased to 4.4.0.58 but several applications (browser, gpodder and even phone calls) didn’t work. Turned out aliendalvik-control had disrupted the installation: both manual and sfos-upgrade attempts to remove it had failed due to some mime-type warning which defaulted to abort.
zypper remove aliendalvik-control
and then i for ignoring the warning made it possible to complete the installation with sfos-upgrade. I’m sure you have solved your issue by now, but it might help someone else.

3 Likes

4.4.0.58 list of things broken ability to make or recieve calls, sms, bluetooth, GPS, netowrk unable to get signal often, unable to connect to 2g/3g/4g more often than not, sound was too low, VPN enabled still connects without running thru the VPN.

FIXED everything on XperiaX by simply doing a clean install of Sailfish 3.4 and now everything works as it should, best yet my favourite patches all work again.

Highly recommended fix, cannot see ANYTHING that 4.x brought to the table that 3.4 didn’t have.

1 Like

Interesting. Thank you. I would like to reinstall 4.4.0.58 after having removed aliendalvik-control. If I run sfos-upgrade after the removal of aliendalvik, sfos-upgrade will attempt til downgrade my current 4.4.0.58 installation to 4.3.0.15. I am not sure I want to procede with that. What procedure would you recommend?

SPOT ON!!..wipe and start again!

1 Like

Had same issue with aliendalvik control
removed with rpm, then version --dup finished the upgrade successfully .

rpm -e aliendalvik-control fails for me. What is the exact command you are using?