[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Just had exactly the same experience. Weird. If someone from the developers want to have a closer look, I’d be more than happy to provide any logs.

I tried to play with browser .desktop. Nothing helps. I noticed Tidings also had the same problem, couldnt resolve dns. Disabling Sandboxing solved problem aswell as for Sfos forum viewer app. I checked journal logs, nothing interesting.
For me looks like Sandbox problem. Worth to mentios is, no longer hotspot works. I can start, can connect from other phone, but there is no internet…
Xperia 10.

@akikyo @Nowave7 I’ve made a bug report, but I found a workaround which is explained in the post.

1 Like

On device XA2U DS. I flashed 4.3.0.15. So basically clean install and to get a recent to stick so that you don’t go through update hell. Then logged in and enabled DTs. Upgraded to 4.4.0.58 using terminal via SSH and don’t have any problems others are reporting. BT, Browser, phone calls and sms messages all work fine. No problems at all, except Flatpaks.

1 Like

Upgraded to 4.4.0.58 using terminal via SSH and don’t have any problems others are reporting.

for me, BT, phone calls, sms, mms, gallery works for now. The only problem is browser but only from the app drawer. From the cmd line it works fine.

Funny you mention that. I experienced the same issue with flatpak runner. Starting it from the app grid showed no apps in it. Starting it from the terminal showed installed flatpaks.

I have updated three devices to 4.4.0.58:
Jolla C - no problems
Xperia XA2 - no problems

Xperia X

• there was the message at the end “SFOS could not be updated, pls try again later. Reboot”

• after reboot productinformation says OS 4.4, seemed to be ok

• but browser could not start (only the loading spinner), mail and filebrowser also failed to work

• mail also couldn’t be installed new fom the store

• hmmm, sfos-upgrade from olf was not yet on installed…, browser not working and storeman i had removed

• first a devel-su zypper dup, after that the browser was working again

• then i installed “sfos-upgrade” and did a “sfos-upgrade --verify”, follwed by “post_sfos-upgrade”

• the problen with “ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib libpreloadpatchmanager.so” was solved by installing patchmanager-3.2.2-1.6.1… from Chum.

Now everything looks fine again ;-).

7 Likes

Hey, Does anyone else have problems opening Fernschreiber’s notifications with sfos 4.4?

@jovirkku, please take a look at the intermediate analysis of Patchmanager issue #304, which is definitely not caused by Patchmanager.

Something seems to go wrong in the SailfishOS upgrade procedure (at least at the CLI), it installs patchmanager-2.3.3-10.41.1.jolla as shown here (and at other places).

3 Likes

Storeman ≥ v0.2.12 has been confirmed to work fine on SailfishOS 4.4.0.

Storeman Installer ≥ v1.1.0 works fine on SailfishOS 4.3.0 and versions ≥ v1.2.2 will start to work on SailfishOS 4.4.0 when Jolla provides the corresponding “DoD repos” at the SailfisOS-OBS.

1 Like

Yeah, I have that too. It opens up another window of Fernschreiber which is only background without anything in it, instead of raising the actual one. I guess those are some sailjail shenanigans.

1 Like

No, recent releases of Patchmanager 3.1.x (compiled for SailfishOS 4.3.0) work fine on SailfishOS 4.4.0.

For details and why one may have a different impression on first sight, see …

https://github.com/sailfishos-patches/patchmanager/issues/304

2 Likes

I’m already on 4.4 but thanks.

Doesn’t work for me on my newly flashed Xperia X. The latest storeman installer version installs, but fails to install Storeman when run.

The console log error is “Package not found: harbour-storeman”

Still no option for adjust alarm volume… 5 years I want it and all people too…

2 Likes

Often, ‘pkcon refresh’ solves that problem.

1 Like

You could try alerts by @slava on openrepos (storeman).
You should search for openrepos-clock-settings.

4 Likes

It didn’t … 20 characters

Another workaround: reencode your alarm sound with several sound volumes and choose the appropriate one depending of the context.
But yeah, time… A system setting for alarm volume would be better.

2 Likes

https://openrepos.net/content/slava/alerts

7 Likes