[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

After update i had problem with internet in some sailfish apps like sfos-forum-viewer. I fixed it by disabling sandboxing in .desktop file. However this doesnt work for browser. Any clue?

Could you elaborate a bit. Are you using mobile data or wlan? Are you using proxy? Are domain names (dns) resolved properly for example does ping work as root (use terminal)?

thanks, but it should at least show that there’s a new version.

Why?

Since the update is for the paid version and you have the unlicensed version for which there might not yet be an update.

Remember the post_sfos-upgrade procedure

Fyi - Xperia 10.
As i mentioned there is no connection in browser only. I had same them problem in sfos-forum-viewer which i figure out disabling sandboxing. Tried to apply for browser, but doesnt help. Terminal resolves dns, i can ping. Not matter if in use mobile data or wlan.
After update sfos weather app only worked fine and android apps.
Update from gui stucked on 100%, so after few hours i had to reboot. I see many X10 II had the same problem.
I run once again update from cli, it downloaded two more packages if i remeber but didnt solve the problem.
I can live with this till X10 III release. I see no point reflashing os just for browser, but would like to know what might cause it. Some clues to dig in.

I think the update to 4.4 is still only for early access. On my one phone with early access it was shown and I updated, on my other phone, that is not on early access, it is still not available until today.

Are you signed up for Early Access releases?

https://together.jolla.com/question/133600/how-to-update-sailfish-os-from-command-line/

i tought it unneccessary to de-activate the apps the updater messaged might be not compatible and running the update ended in a #bootloop. Guess I must re flash now.

After i unlocked the sd-card (cryptokey) the sd-card didn’t automount as before.
First i didn’t understand why my music (media) didn’t work until i saw that my sd-card was unlocked but not mounted.
Now i need to first unlock the sd-card then click it again and chose to mount it.

1 Like

I also experience bugs with the phone app on my Xperia 10. The installation of 4.4.0.58 with sfos-upgrade worked without errors.
The first outgoing call on the X10 after restart works, but the phone app GUI crashes immediately. The call works, I can talk with the other end, but I cannot end it obviously without the app interface.
The second outgoing call on the X10 also crashes the app immediately. The called phone on the other side rings once, then shows a missed call.
An incoming call on the X10 also crashes the phone app. Meaning the phone rings without showing anything but the main screen.
Internet works both in native and android apps.
Several restarts didn’t change anything. version --dup finds no further updates. Any hints for solving this?

I did do that. I even did that again. Still a lot more space is used than expected.
Does anybody know what is /odm directory for?

Solution to my problem:
devel-su zypper dup
Phone app is working again as intended.

2 Likes

Quote from https://source.android.com

ODM Partitions
Android 10 includes support for building odm partitions using the Android build system.
About ODM partitions
Original design manufacturers (ODMs) customize system-on-chip (SoC) vendor board-support packages (BSPs) to their specific devices (their boards). This enables them to implement kernel modules for board-specific components, board-specific daemons, or their own features on hardware abstraction layers (HALs). They might also want to replace or customize SoC components.
In lower Android releases, such customizations prevented the use of a single vendor image for devices with the same SoC (or with different SoCs, but in the same family). In Android 10 and higher, you can use a separate odm partition for customizations, which enables you to use a single vendor image for multiple hardware SKUs.

3 Likes

XA2 Ultra updated through the GUI just fine.

I have to say, after not using SFOS for a couple of years, this feels so mucher closer to a finished product. Yep, finally time to ditch Google and run SFOS as a full time daily driver. Fantastic work by the team!

Edit: Has anyone had an issue with other (not the included system app) linux music players not being able to access external sdcard storage?

8 Likes

What linux player do you use? so i can test if it works for me.
As i wrote before sd-card doesn’t automount any more after unlocking (cryptokey) so one need to press the icon for the sd-card one more time to mount it.
Maybe you need to mount the sd-card to use it.

2 Likes

I’ve tried daedalus music player, but that would be a great explanation as to why it wouldn’t read it. Let me try again.

Edit: Unplayer picked it up almost immediately. I’m a happy man.

2 Likes

is this update available also for the “free” version from cmd line?
Right now I’m hitting the:

REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
Resolving: 100%
Error: This request will break your system!
Finished transaction (status=2, runtime=61300ms)
UPGRADE NOT COMPLETE - Retry 1 of 9
Waiting 1 seconds before retry.
REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES

and the os-info shows:

[General]
version=
codeName=
summary=
cover=
website=
lastChecked=1647896731665
downloadSize=-1