[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.72

I just had this happen last night… But I must say that it has been a long time since last it happened so it has been improved at least!

2 Likes

Regarding bugs and bugfixes I have a general question:
To get bugs fixed before the next release is out, do I have a chance to perform a
pkcon refresh + version --dup or a zypper ref + zypper dup to get a fix?
Do I have to switch to developer updates for this, or not?

No, since Sailfish OS is not a rolling release, you won’t get any updates until Jolla releases an update.

3 Likes

You are right, the friendly pocket warmer rise again, but not that often, then hopefully fixed in next update?!

Or you patch, compile and deploy manually :slight_smile: This can lead to progress! But it’s a lot o’ work.

An sfos-upgrade --verify will install missing packages and show which ones were missing.

8 Likes

A question: I just recently had to use a comparison of all installed files on two different but identical from the vantage point of software configuration devices. I did listing of all installed pkgs and compared them. How does --verify do this? I can do RTFM if it takes up too much space here.

It does not compare anything, just sets SSU to the currently installed SFOS version and runs version --dup.

Do you want to …
a. compare installed RPM packages (with or without taking their versions into account?)?
b. compare files installed by RPM packages (shall be equivalent to “a. including versions”)
c. compare at file-system level

a. & b. are achievable via rpm -q subcommands (see section “query options” in man-page), for c. IMO find is best suited (but rsync lets you directly compare file-system contents on different devices, without the indirection via locally generated text files / lists).

No, not really, because bugfixes are not separately released in installable form: You can only opt-in to receive preliminary SailfishOS-releases (which may turn out to be the final one) by participating in the “early access (EA)” programme.
But EA releases do more likely contain bugs, hence you would rather achieve the contrary of a “less buggy SailfishOS installation”.

In theory you could build the corresponding RPM package and install it, as soon as a bug is fixed in the source code repository of this package: You do not want that, because source code changes are not well tested (or not at all), when they are applied to their repository.

1 Like

I was looking for packages that might have ‘failed’ to install. The update on two identical devices had differing results, although both appeared to ‘succceed’ (ssu re XX, ssu ur, zypper ref, zypper dup).

In the end I did

zypper -s 10 se -i | cut -f ‘2’ -d ‘:’ | sort -rn
to produce lists which I then diffed. That revealed the missing package.

The normal zypper update procedure did not install the missing package. Possibly a file operation error.

1 Like

I run sfos-upgrade --verify and it reported that there aren’t any packaged that need to be installed. After that I rebooted, and run post_sfos-upgrade, and then rebooted again.

That fixed the problem. I have now option to add Microsoft 365 accounts. So maybe all Sailfish upgrade packaged got installed but some post upgrade command didn’t run properly?

Anyway, problem solved, so thanks!

4 Likes

Obviously unrelated to my Sailfish upgrade problems, it looks like I still can’t add Microsoft 365 account because system administer hasn’t allowed Jolla Oy access.

Here’s screenshot of the error message in browser (in Finnish).

What if you choose the login option (“Kirjaudu sisään…”), and log in with your Microsoft account?

I think your token/device/app must be accepted by Exchange admin. AFAIK with company I work for, when you switch to new phone, after adding email account it goes to so called guarantine and only work after acceptance.

To me that looks like login for admin who can accept that addition of token/device/app

After the installation of version 4.4.0.72 the stock browser always shows desktop mode. Any advice for my poor plagued eyes? Thanks in advance.

Push on the hamburger icon of your browser, and check if destopversion has been selected → uncheck

I already switched that hence and forth several times before I posted my question. Not that easy unfortunately.

Thank you for this information. I guess I have to try to trouble the IT department about this.

Did you change anything in the about:config?