[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.72

Thanks again for your polite request for help from the community. I am sure we all appreciate this.

For my weekly backups I use the SF backup. It does what it says. It backs up SF data.

My important Android apps come with internal backup functions. They do backups for single Android apps.

A general local Android backup would imho be a feature that should be implemented by Google.

Do not ever feel obliged to read documentations. They are made for the less clever. Like me.

You can use slavas My Backup to backup the whole Android storage within the Sailfish backup.

4 Likes

Yepā€¦ I should add this to the suplpatcher FAQ :slight_smile: (done).

3 Likes

Itā€™s really great to have my backup. I still havenā€™t implemented in all packages but really MUST.

1 Like

Maybe @olf wants to add some workaround to sfos-updater. :rofl:

Marking /vendor/etc/gps.conf as config in the .spec file is just too boring.

Not all SF data. Documents and Download folders are not included.

I agree. Jolla should recomend Android backup tool or give clear message, to users: Android data NOT INCLUDED in backup.

1 Like

If one.would read at least the text just above a button before pressing. But I knowā€¦

There is nothing you can do, @wladi_1981

XA2 is on 4.4.0.72. No forced reboot needed (started with Version 4.4.0.58).

So, how to backup whole Android apps collection with it data? Thereā€™s any hint from Jolla? System is advertised as compatible with Android. Users pay for this functionality, so where are tools for basic thing like data backup?

Man, youā€™re so good at writingā€¦

Oh, yes i see. Nothing official, only community toll for SF apps. Very professional.

If you want something official, why donā€™t you use Android?

3 Likes

My XA2 has an issue after updating:
Screen brightnesss works only with manual slider to minimum. With auto setting and in night environment, the screen stays too bright even with lowest setting in the brightness slider.
Iā€™m not sure has the problem been also before, because lack of use.

I am afraid there is no official offline backup. :rofl:

2 Likes

On 4.4.0.72 I still get multiple
(usually two, sometimes 3) copies of SMS. It was introduced on 4.4.0.68 and affects 10-20% of incoming messages.

Similar issues for me.
I created SMS received multiple times

There is also SMS's arriving over and over again, but it looked to be more specific to a network.

1 Like

@flypig Microsoft 365 Account: I should withdraw my complaint about creating a new MS 365 account. Solution was to clear browser cache and cookies complete, all time. After that I could proceed and finish sign in.

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad you got it working @PrhggfCKfuQ4, and thanks for sharing your experience as that could well be useful for others to be aware of.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just accidentally discovered that now the OS update insolently uninstalls by itself those packages that it considers potentially conflicting and is asking the user to remove (but it wasnā€™t removing them by itself until now).

During the last OS update to .72 I was shown (as always) a warning that OBEX ContentFilter Off by @olf is conflicting with the update, which I always ignore since it doesnā€™t conflict with anything. Until this recent update, it just stayed there intact, whereas during the last update to OS .72 it got automatically removed, which I discovered only when trying to transfer something via Bluetooth that the default OBEX filter disallows. A quick look using Install History by @nephros revealed that it got shamelessly uninstalled in the middle of OS update, without notifying me about itā€¦

4 Likes