[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.72

Funny how the very same contacts lost pictures on two different phones. So there must be something specific causing it, it doesn’t seem to be random.

I’m so happy that I had a recent backup. Just deleting all contacts and restoring them from vcf was the quickest way to get everything back.

P.S. There is also a GOOD NEWS: the browser fix has made its way to this update so that it no longer always starts with that search page or whatever it was.

Like always one of my devices wouldn’t properly upgrade from GUI and I had to refrain to an Upgrade via CLI, otherwise no problem noticed so far.

A current LTS-browser would have been nice, but well, it seems like we are always lagging at least one LTS-release behind current development. :expressionless:

Same here, updating two XA2’s at the same time. One went flawless (over wifi, standard filesystem, no PIN request at boot), the other one (wifi off, encrypted filesystem with PIN request at boot) was stuck at about 100%. First time I experienced a problem updating Sailfish in years.

15 minutes later I rebooted the stuck one using volumeup+powerkey (it took a few seconds to reboot) and everything got back to normal.

Deleting browser history was trick for me for this problem.

1 Like

This happend to my Xperia 10 III, too. I waited over night, but in the end I had to press both the vol up key and the power key down.

Thank you for updating SFOS, any improvement is progress. Since everyone has their own priorities and preferences, it is also seen differently:
For me personally, two updates would have been particularly interesting:

Thank you for this update. All went well on my Xperia 10 III. I would like to have smaller updates more often, rather than wait for 3 or 4 large updates a year.

3 Likes

X10 II: same as [Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.72 - #13 by poetaster and everyone else here describes - stuck at 100%. Also for me the first time GUI update has gotten stuck, in a long long time.

About > Build does say .72 fortunately.

You can’t be serious in expecting that from a minor patch release?

6 Likes

I had the same just now, on Xperia 10 III. Tried various key combinations. Then pressed simultaneously fingerprint_key+volume_up+volume_down several seconds, and the device switched down and rebooted automatically to the new SailfishOS. Now seems to work OK. Probably the right key combination is fingerprint_key(=power_key on Xp 10 III)+Volume_up ???.

Can I skip this update and wait for the next update or is it required for the next update? (There is nothing of interest to me in this update)

There are surely a lot of bugs fixed, also hidden bugs you never saw by good luck.

Update went well on my two Xperia 10’s, edit: Fingerprints and account cred’s remained.
Thank you much Jolla!

edit: Browser usage / touchscreen feels much better now!

edit: Shall I dare to update the Volla by CLI, running 4.4.0.64 now? Update to 68 didn’t work, but downgrade 68 → 64 worked with good luck so now I’m in big doubt if I shall try or better not.

No Problems with the Update on Sony X Compact and XA2 :+1:t2:

No Problems with the Update on Sony Xperia 10 III

1 Like

Thank you for update. I had no issues :wink:
Xperia 10 iii

1 Like

+1
Happen to me regularly on updates on Xperia 10.

Update went fine for my X10III! I’m ignoring the little oopsie that was running a custom busybox and I had to rollback that first, but for the purpose of the query, the update had no issues :slight_smile:

The browser feels a lot better regarding touch/tap sensitivity and correctness!

My sisters X10II also updated without issues, and now VoLTE works for her, too!

1 Like

I thought the update went well but after updating i had a missed call from my brother so i called only to be told that he had a missed call from me.
I don’t know what happened during the update.

10iii inside : I had to use Vol+/Power until 3 vibs to recover mobile data.
But there’s always the issue with bluetooth and paired periph’ not connectable.
I still hope 5G management will be present in release 4.5.

All data from Android layer lost. That’s most of my data because native apps are junk. Also all Sailfish apps are erased. Thank You Jolla for backup app. What a mess…