[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.68

That’s what I mean, You shouldn’t have to delete the old device and add the new one, it should just connect, except auto.

What’s with this bad-faith interpretation?
I am not criticizing the action of updating as such. It is great that information is kept up to date.
I never said anything to the effect of “don’t update”.

But will you really be able to fulfill “have been confirmed to work fine” for say 4.5?
Or are you expecting Jolla to test Storeman on future releases?

If Storeman has been rearchitected to not break (with) updates in general that’s great, but then just say so.

Hi,
my Sony XPeria 10 III got stuck at 100% while upgrading from 4.4.0.64 to 4.4.0.68. I can’t even turn it off.
Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

got it sorted by pressing “volume-up + power-button”.
Phone did a reboot and everything seems to be fine.

5 Likes

I will make a separate bug report about this but since upgrading my xperia 10ii to 4.4.0.68 the call diversion is no longer working at all. It just states every time I try that " Service message Problem with service request".

Same here for me, but for the ‘Call Waiting’ function which cannot be enabled. X10 III 4.4.0.68.

It seems that none of those handy codes work anymore and they all give the same exact error message.

It used to be that we don’t have those patched versions. But recently, the practice has changed. Whether for it to stay or we will get back to single main release, I have no idea.

It would be possible to “solve” it either via additional OBS targets, via GUI (and risk incompatibilities), maybe somehow else. Feel free to open an issue at Issues · sailfishos-chum/main · GitHub, suggest and/or implement the solution.

Note that while we have OBS running, we have no spoken commitment from Jolla regarding its future. Some seasoned developers think that it is as good as it can be (no news regarding closure), I would prefer to get some kind of confirmation that it would stay up. But the backlog of tasks/issues as well priorities for each of us are different - maybe someone wants to fix this one.

3 Likes

On the Volla, Camera and Advanced Camera both not working since the update, no camera image, black screen.

edit: code reader also not working, same as above.

edit: volume control doesn’t work. Volume is on a middle level and not changeable. Also screenshot by pressing both vol buttons at the same time doesn’t work.

edit: Dead Beef Silica not working, starts, stucks and does nothing.
LLs Video player works and plays videos, but spinning circle remains endless spinning over the image while playing.

will test all this stuff also on the Sony X10 and report about the results later today.
Results: Camera, Advanced Camera, Code Reader, LLs Videoplayer, DeadBeef Silica, Vol.Control, Screenshot working perfect on X10.

additional info: On the Volla there is also Waydroid installed, and since that time another bug occured - Browser and AllRadio doesn’t find network. But for this there’s a workaround. But there may be a context between this all bugs…

1 Like

Why are you insisting to question points (three by now) which I have never stated?

1 Like

My Xperia 10 II was stuck at the upgrade screen overnight, but this helpes and it now says up-to-date

1 Like

XA2U update went ok.

SF browser clicking links problem seems somewhat better.

I was going to ask why it took three times over to get a useful reply, but then i read the conversation again.
You answer differently each time, so it is still impossible to know what you mean.
We cannot read your mind and infer the background info.

The point here is (only!) that surely the update would best be done in a format that keeps true (=can be trivially updated) at least for a couple of releases.

You clearly are not open to help/advice and just want to argue for the sake of it.

I give up.

2 Likes

Hi @jolla4ever. You wrote: “Problem solved by Settings / Override automatic SailfishOS:Chum repository selection to 4.4.0.64.”
How did you do this exactly? Could you please explain this. Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards, Uwe.

Just ok n chum and go to settings. At the bottom there is a text line. Just type 4.4.0.64 in there and you are done.

Setting WLAN regdomain seems broken (regression 4.4.0.64 → 4.4.0.68, if I remember right), see “WiFi Channel above 11 out of range”.

How long does it usually take for chum to start working again? It’s still not showing any packages for me :frowning:

More worryingly it doesn’t even show that I have any packages installed. I.e. even packages that I already installed don’t show up, so I can’t manage my existing state. I can see them when I manually force 4.4.0.64, but how does that interact when there are multiple versions involved? Will I have to manually go through every OS version looking for packages that were installed on that particular version?

Chum should always show packages that are currently installed, regardless of versioning.

Chum should display some kind of notice to the effect of ‘there are no packages available for your OS version. Please try again later [how much later?], or select a different OS version from settings’

2 Likes

@miau. Thank you very much!
Best regards, Uwe.

It is, all the time. That is what I am repeatedly indicating / trying to get across, nothing more / else.

But you answer differently each time, so it is still impossible to know what you mean.

Even though you asked differently each time, it is still impossible for me to know what you mean, because all the things you are complaining about are not there.
(BTW, please refrain from making generic statements and accusations, just because you do not comprehend something.)

You clearly are not open to help/advice and just want to argue for the sake of it.

What’s with this bad-faith interpretation? (Quoting your words fits extremely well here!)
Apparently you just want to argue for the sake of it.

Side note: I always welcome support, if it is helpful, and I will always thoroughly review any advice given. I even like criticism, if it is posed constructively.
But you are just repeatedly questioning things I never have stated, thus it is logical, that I cannot answer them, but have to reply, “please re-read what I wrote” and “I have never stated anything such”.

Can you please point out which part(s) or words of the updated paragraph you perceive not to be “in a format that keeps true (=can be trivially updated) at least for a couple of releases” or which part(s) or words of the updated paragraph you perceive to indicate the following three statements you made:

Maybe you can also denote, why you repeatedly sound as if this impression you have constitutes a regression WRT “in a format that keeps true (=can be trivially updated) at least for a couple of releases” compared to the older version of this paragraph in the release notes.

1 Like

I also had a dimmed display during the upgrade on one of my XA2s. On the other one, the display was bright during the upgrade.