[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.68

That happened to me too.
After about 2 times of shutting it down and doing cool boots I managed to login.

I suggest you try the above at least 10 times and if unsuccessful try booting into recovery mode.

1 Like

I just updated it and went well. Yeiiiii, first update on the Xperia 10 III :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Curiously, during the process, the backlighting of the screen is gone to minimum so that is very difficult to see the progress bar or the decryption unlock dialogue if you are in a well lit environment.
The same problem appears when showing the Sailfish OS logo during the restart after the update process. However, in this case the unlock dialogue is normally lit.

After the restart everything runs smooth.

2 Likes

But would that new instruction hold up for an upcoming 4.5/5.0 with unknown Storeman compatibility?
If so, the great! If not i guess they’d want/need a more generic/foolproof instruction.

Update process was flawless, thanks!

I have the same thins on Xperia 10 III. Really dimmed light on the texts during update and then the dialogues.

2 Likes

Sony Xperia X Compact: Update works flawlessly.

Sony Xperia XA2: Needs a second try to update.

Both Devices had previously 4.4.0.64 installed, both updates were performed OTA.

For the upcoming 4.5 Release i plan to reflash both Units.

1 Like

The “getting stuck at 100%” bug reappeared for me on my XA2 Ultra.
I experienced this when I updated to 4.2.0 ([Release notes] Verla 4.2.0 - #201 by Simerax).

Basically the Progress gets stuck at 100% forever. Restarting the device worked back on 4.2.0 and also seems to work on 4.4.0.68

I did not experience this problem in any release between those two.

Edit: The Device got updated from 4.4.0.64 to 4.4.0.68

3 Likes

Since I don’t see it mentioned above, has the Bluetooth connection issue with Xperia 10 III been fixed?

The installation got stuck at “100%” for me, too. I waited some time, and then force-rebooted it. Everything was fine, and then running sfos-upgrade updated two more packages:

Download (2 packages)
 - harbour-foilauth;1.1.1-1.5.1.jolla;aarch64;sailfishos-chum
 - harbour-nettiradio;1.9.2-2;noarch;store

I guess the installer got stuck on those? I do have Chum installed, and I did have a custom build of Nettiradio installed, I guess that has something to do with the hang? Should I open a bug report about this? I still have an non-updated device I can use to test any theories that come up from this idea.

For me sfos-upgrade --verify said that my system is up to date and that there are no updates. I guess it gets stuck even when the installer really did update all packages.

1 Like

I voted as having no troubles with the update, but the phone did appear to bootloop just twice then the device started.
I don’t see any menu in Settings, but then I do not have a SIM inserted, so I guess that’s why.

XA2 Ultra, no problems of any kind, not even any conflicting packages suggested for removal by the update (for the first time ever). Preparations for the update: disabling all patches in Patchmanager, removing all repos in Storeman.

Same here. But to speak of things that are great, now the VoLTE works with Telenor in Norway, it did not register using the terminal commands; now it shows true on SMS and voice :+1:

2 Likes

Update worked fine on 2 Xperia 10 from 4.4.0.64 to 68. No problems.
Another X10, after update from 4.4.0.58 to 4.4.0.68, it bootlooped 3 or 4 times, but then also went OK.

Chum doesn’t find any apps at the moment.

On the Volla phone, tried to update by cli, but no updates found yet.

edit: one day later, update on the Volla worked like a charm.
Thank you so much, to all dev’s and porters!!

What do you want to say with this?
It is like this every time, and for very natural reasons.

@attah , with all due respect, while this may be “like this” every time and for very natural reasons, this may not be as obvious for all of us, even for some Sailfish 1 veterans like myself. I myself played with community ports lately, but I am still puzzled as to how they get updates and what work exactly a porter has to accomplish to be able to offer such an OTA update. Is there some short writeup or article which could explain this to interested audience like me?

2 Likes

Like a charm. 10 Mk3.
No preparations with Storeman or Chum.
Thank you Jolla Team!

No, It’s to new reported. Maybe next mayor release if we are lucky

At lest some, and potentially a lot of packages, are device dependent.
Without all the parts there cannot be a whole; and it has to be published (by the maintainer) that it exists at all.
If just to say that the unique files for the previous version plus centrally updated ones makes a new version.

I am no expert either, but it is very a very observable thing that ports come a bit after and should not come as a surprise.
And it must have come up loads of times that chum is quite version-centric… and has an override.

You could ask @piggz. I would guess he’ll say something like:
gitlab ci, continuous integration of upstream with a lot of wagging my tail at device specified HAL bits. Sorry piggz, I know it’s more like throwing figs at the approaching hordes!

2 Likes

piggz · GitLab go here and or directly here: sailfishos-porters-ci · GitLab

It’s a lot of reading but quite instructive.

3 Likes