[Release notes] Tampella 5.0.0.21 for Jolla C2

Updated and no issues with the update process :clap:
Unfortunaly I have a problem with sending SMS. Where is the right place to report the problem?

Reported already as part of VoLTE testing. Are you part of that group?

I would use Bugger, if not already reported.

1 Like

Hi josh, send you an PM.

Can’t get chum yet on SFOS 5, at least in my experience trying. Different version of libpackagekitqt5.

You could download Bugger rpm and side load.

Just updated successfully, no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

Updated without any issues, still the camera takes only photos, video isn’t working. The icons of the Aurora Store and F-Droid appeared into the application screen.

Yea reported the issue with video [Jolla C2] Camera freezes when taking video

I hope it will get fixed in an update soon.

1 Like

Will other models get this update
?

Coming to other phones in some stage later.

Note this in the release notes above :point_up_2:

5 Likes

Hello everyone, the joy of receiving this new Jolla quickly gave way to a first problem, I turn on the phone, I start the language configuration, the battery beep sounds, the time I go to get the charger, the phone turns off, when restarting it returns to the country selection page but no longer the possibility of choosing and validating the country.
Any idea of ​​reboot?

An idea yes, but not knowledge, as I don’t have a C2:

My ideas are:
Try long press and hold Power button and Vol up until something happens (if it will),
Try long press and hold Power button and Vol down until something happens (if it will),

As I read here, nobody reported upon this until now.

I tried both ways, no change, I plugged in a small “keyboard mouse” via USB OTG, I can scroll up and down, but no way to select a language.

I’m having the exact same problem.

What about if you try to charge the phone turned off. This was working with my Xperia X as well as my Xperia 10II. So you should at least have enough energy to unlock the phone. Just an idea as i didn’t order C2 nor intend to do so for the moment :slight_smile: If there is a 5G version coming i would be tempted perhaps :stuck_out_tongue:

Update without problems. However, there are major problems with 4G network and update did not fix these.

• sending sms does not go if network is 4G, only 2G works. Error message.
  • incoming call does not come through, only 2G. Outgoing calls without problems also with 4G.

Hey jolla

I just got my C2 and i was verry excited for it i got it unpacked and was trying to set it up i couldn’t get the configure with jolla account to work so i pressed skip : i sat a passcode got through the setup process then i proceeded through the tutorial then to WIFI settings it told me there was something wrong with the system and i needed to restart : i did and now when i boot the phone the phone is just stuck on the ENTER SECURITY CODE screen now im in panic mode it has been there for 10 minutes now restart dosnt work and im afraid its bricked im in panic mode as i dont know what do do as it doesn’t run android and jolla has stated that the phone should not be factory resat through recovery and i don’t even know if this one has an recovery

Best regards. Oliver Lauritsen

Hi Oliver!

You are not alone. There is no known solution at this time. Please be patient.

4 Likes