[Release notes] Suomenlinna 4.3.0

I had to disable mobile data (I just enabled flight mode) to download the update. First try needed 1 hour to download less than 50%…

Hi.

Hummm. Still no luck with the total ausence of sound in my Xperia 10 ii …

Best Regards.

Update went smoothly in the first go. Switching from WiFi to Mobile Data and vice versa seems to behave a bit better but needs more testing to confirm.

2 Likes

Nice ! is that possible to set a browser by default ? or do we have to click each time on the browser we want to open the link with ?

Thanks fo the update!
This has also been resolved if the Tutorial can be obviously skipped now:

3 Likes

That is not supported.

Hi all,

Update didn’t work correctly on my end on an Xperia 10 II previously running SFOS 4.2. At the end of the update process I had an error message saying that the update couldn’t complete successfully and that I had to reboot my device. After the reboot, SFOS claims to be running version 4.3.0.12. At first I thought everything was fine after all, despite the error message, but then I noticed some applications refused to work. In my case: the phone application (I can’t make or receive calls), camera, gallery, media player, documents application starts but is empty.

Jolla shop tells me 6 updated applications are available (calendar, documents, mail, media, notes and Open Forti VPN) but I just can’t install them. Is the shop still online at the moment ?

Please tell me what to do to get out of this mess :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Samuel

@sviscapi have you tried to login to shell and run pkcon refresh?

1 Like

Hi @jollajo

I just issued that command. I get a small horizontal bar going from left to right and the message: “Refreshing cache, waiting in the queue”.

Is this the expected result ?

Cheers, Samuel

Yes refresh takes quite a while, depending how many repositories of OpenRepos you added before in Storeman.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I rebooted the phone and launched that command again. Now it says it’s updating the software list. I also tried to run “version --dup” prior to getting your message about “pkcon refresh”, and it started downloading packages, aliendalvik if I remember correctly. “pkcon refresh” has finished, what should I do next ?

Cheers, Samuel

Enter Jolla Store or Storeman and check again for updates

1 Like

Hmm, that doesn’t look too good: Jolla store reports that no application is installed…

Should I run “version --dup” ?

Cheers, Samuel

EDIT: I restarted the phone and now Jolla store understands that there are applications already installed and proposed 6 updates.

Directly after first boot Jolla Store didn’t show any installed apps either, however since I ran pkcon refresh it shows my apps. Not sure whether that fixed it or Jolla Store just needs some time to update the list.
I’d be surprised if version --dup helps as you’ve just upgraded, but it shouldn’t hurt either.

1 Like

The update went well by UI this time on my Xperia X.
BUT, it restarts every time after 5-6 sec from bootstrap!!
I cannot investigate because of this small amount of time…

1 Like

Thank you for the update. As usual downloading and installation went smooth.
However, Jolla store doesn’t work. Installing an app is not possible. I wanted to reinstall Fernschreiber, but the wheel keeps turning. Switching the system off and on does not help.
The same trouble with Storeman.

1 Like

As for the breaking the touch coordinates in the new SDL2 version this update, I suppose I’m a bit responsible for that as I got annoyed with continuously fixing the touch input coordinates while trying to port some applications to SailfishOS and therefore made a pull request to the upstream SDL2. (About the applications, I hope to release them later when they’re in a more usable state).

As for now, if you’re developing with SDL for SailfishOS, you should probably handle your input somewhat like this at the moment:

SDL_version version;
int touch_x, touch_y;

SDL_GetVersion(&version);

if (SDL_VERSIONNUM(version.major, version.minor, version.patch) >= SDL_VERSIONNUM(2, 0, 16)) {
    touch_x = event.tfinger.x * window_width;
    touch_y = event.tfinger.y * window_height;
} else {
    touch_x = event.tfinger.x;
    touch_y = event.tfinger.y;
}

Eventually, you should be able to drop this workaround when the minimum OS version you want to support is 4.3 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@kea, this is probably related to @sviscapi 's issue. If you haven’t tried, please run pkcon refresh in root console and try again.

Thank you. Can you tell me what exactly I have to type in terminal behind nemo@Sailfish?

In the 3rd party APIs section, there is some weird spacing:

All SDL application s need to be fixed because of a fix to touch input coordinate handling.

1 Like