[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.24

if I am not wrong, there are other weather forecast providers that allow to access forecasts for free, I think openweather.org does that. I guess Jolla has to change the weather app and allow 3rd party plugins to fetch data from such providers?

11 Likes

Implementation is free, but I would assume access to the real time data through API is something you have to buy a license or come to some other kind of agreement. It isn’t probably that much in the big picture, but hard to give even that if you don’t have much yourself.

App itself works just as well as it always did. It just doesn’t have access to the needed data at the moment, unless you change the Jolla’s API credentials to your own in the config-files or wait and see if the Jolla’s access is renewed one way or another. The newly added error message is there to let people know that the app itself isn’t broken, just the access to the weather data is blocked.

does default weather work on notification screen now? or meecast is a must for now?

Read in this way it seems that Jolla delivered another 712Mb blob (for each smartphone model and version supported) for updating / fixing some apps, and modify 13 RPM packages.

I may accept to have not understand the value of delivering full OTAs compared to developing or adopting a management tool for installing progressive updates.

1 Like

Setting different ringtones for the two SIM cards is possible

This is awsome!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!1oneoneone

Step in good direction, now there need to be work done to improve dual sim handling, there are plenty of reports on this.

Thank you!

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this ever worked, but android NFC seems handicapped on the 10iii . Explicitly, testing the German Gov’t’s AusweisApp, it reports that nfc is not available. I tested with NFC Logger from @slava and nfc was certainly able to talk to the card …but I’ll post that info with some questions elsewhere. EDIT: seems to be a longstanding thing Nfc and android still not working

Unless I am very much mistaken (from the way it looks on my devices) it downloads only the RPMs that are changed, so the further away you are from the current release the larger the download, but for me coming from 4.5.0.21 it was a very minor update and small download.

7 Likes

Yeah, it looked like a 50mb download which installed and rebooted in under a minute.

3 Likes

My update was also only 50 Mb on Xperia 10 iii.

2 Likes

worked fine, thank you.

In my family there are three Xperia 10’s.
Two X10’s had 4.5.0.21 installed before the update and downloaded 70 MB to update, after this they worked like a charm and everything was OK after 3 reboots.
The third one had 4.4.0.72 installed before the update, then downloaded something like 700 MB, then jumped back and started new to download a lot (don’t remember how much), then rebooted and then network (WLAN, browser i’net access + SSH access to phone) was damaged. Had to reflash, and it works now fine, too.

To provide more context:

10iii - went fine - but Android App support still needs to be manually started on device restart!
XA2 Plus - went fine (inc Android App support)
X - went fine (inc Android App support)

Just to clarify this one. Did you upgrade from 4.4.0.x (or older) or from 4.5.0.21?

If you updated from 4.4.0x (or older), did you follow this one AppSupport upgrade notes

1 Like

I came from 5.0.21. i had the same problem in that one too, and possibly older 4.5.x versions too.

But i’m not really seeing anything in the link that could explain the problem - or anything that i noticed when i did the 5.0.21update a few months back.

What am i missing?

Thank you @rainemak , this explains why the update of my 3rd X10 failed. I didn’t wait patiently but fiddled around and rebooted the phone while update was not ready yet.

I think it is rather a lack of the feature than not functioninh

1 Like

If you implemented individual ringtone for dual sim models, why didn’t you implement individual ringtones for calls in general? As there already is a third party app doing so it shouldn’t be that hard to implement… Thanks for the update anyway! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No update was found on XA2 Dual SIM :confused: The current version is 4.5.0.21, checked multiple times for updates since the release, to no avail. It always says “Up to date”. Also removed and re-added the Jolla Account, got the same result.

1 Like

I like this frequent small updates. Keep up with the developmente of core feature of OS

8 Likes

Did you by any chance transfer the licence to this device? Could be the original imei is still linked to your account. It happened to me, I contacted Jolla and it was fixed in 24hrs.