[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.21

Thank you - I am also typically ignorant. However, removing a single package seemed to be a no brainer until I tried. Let’s see …
UPDATE: Update worked fine - ignored the warning

1 Like

Sounds odd that update recommends removing of a Sailfish OS core package – by any chance have you installed your own version of the mkcal-qt5. You can should ignore mkcal-qt5 removal recommendation.

If you have installed your own build of the mkcal-qt5, you can do following after upgrade to replace your version.

pkcon install zypper
zypper refresh
zypper in --force mkcal-qt5
2 Likes

Thank you for the explicit hint!
I am not aware that I have installed my own build of mkcal-qt5 but maybe I installed something that Damien once created (I am not shure, but Damien (@dcaliste) is great with his support for Calendar and Document issues and helped me/us a couple of times (for instance handling reoccurring events))
Anyway: I did not remove the package and both updates (Xperia 10 ii and Xperia 10 iii) installed without any issue
Great job, sailors!

1 Like

Does anyone know, if the spontaneous loss of audio is fixed somehow? At least I cannot see any hint from the changelog. Unfortunately, a real showstopper for me, as I cannot use the phone, until calls are working reliable.

You might answered in other posts (if yes, please link it) but there are some questions about this.
Is this known issue? If yes, where is a bug report?
Does it happen after reflash?

Sorry, yes, there is already a bug report and so far no real fix, that I am aware of:

Thank you! Didn’t expect an update during summer vacations, update went fine, just tried to crash the browser on a ‘live’ news thread with dozens of twitter/telegram videos and no luck, rock solid, also the visual studio page that used to crash reliably now works fine, looks like the biggest gripe with 4.5 is finally gone

6 Likes

This error message is present on updating since more than 4 years. I think it’s only a bad translation of ‘The updater will uninstall this or that’. I never deinstalled anything but only proceeded and it always worked fine.

edit: Update went like a charm on Xperia 10, thank you @Jolla !

edit: tested Youtube, works perfectly. Thalks again @Jolla !

1 Like

Ok, I also can confirm the frequent crashes on the browser seem resolved. I’ll see in a couple of days.

Really cool, the declarative maps using OSM geoservices work again!!! Yeah! I just compiled and got
Draft map | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System running again! It’s been a couple of years :slight_smile:
Thanks guys!

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, worked without problems and now Audible Android app works again.

Update went without any problems. Youtube on XA2U seems to be usable again (at least in full screen it works OK even in 1080p, whereas the small window view still stutters from time to time). As for browser crashes, I haven’t experienced any yet. Let’s give it some more time.

Okay so the update itself progressed smoothly on my Xperia 10 III. :slight_smile:

But now I have no sound when making a call. I can hear dial tones, but no ringing.
During an answered call, all sounds are as normal.

Any similar issues?

1 Like

Upgrade went smooth but bluetooth turns off as soon turning on. Xperia 10II.
Anyone with similar issue?

1 Like

Also after a reboot?

1 Like

You hear no ringing while placing a call? This sounds like VoLTE is activated now and wasn’t before.
You can check in settings / mobile network / 4G calling

4 Likes

Zing! Yes that fixed it. I had neglected to remember that I had enabled it :joy:

Caboom - well, that was painless :+1:
cheers

Like @tobset already wrote, this is VoLTE related. When calling via <4G, the operator sends the call audio ringtone. LTE is a pure data service; while establishing a voice audio call over LTE the phone has to generate call audio ringtones on its own. This has either not been implemented yet for SFOS or rild signaling does not work properly here. I suspect the former.

2 Likes

Yes, same bug for me on a X10ii but i recover the Bt after a reboot.

haven’t had any browser crashes, and element now works fine (even gets notifications now!). thank you.

2 Likes