[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.15

Yes, the changelog states this:
[configs] Add /opt2 mount for system_a partition.

How much space does this change claim? I don’t use and have no plans to use Android layer in SFOS.

Usually this partition is unused. If you did not add it to the home partition manually this does not impact your available space

Update went fine on Xperia 10 (Testphone) from 4.6.0.13 (with what the phone was flashed) to 4.6.0.15 .
I deinstalled File Browser, Storeman and Chum, updated and rebooted a second time.

Then reinstalled File Browser and Chum sucessfully.
Storeman installer starts but installs no Storeman app.
(All) edit: most of my tweaks were gone but phone works.
The Phone remembers the old network configuration, that is very fine and wasn’t always so in the past!
Missing Storeman is a serious trouble, but I hope and am sure this will be fixed soon.
So anyway #1 (no issues) in the survey.

Thank you very much Jollyboys!

edit: after ssu re 4.6.0.13 it was possible to reinstall Storeman, and when ready, ssu re to switch back again.

2 Likes

Can we later separate download the new browser version ESR91 to this (old?) devices when the ESR91 version is ready w/o installing SFOS 5 ?

1 Like

Xperia 10 IV, Android 14, unlocked bootloader, flash script ended with an error:

$ sudo ./flash.sh
Flash utility v1.2
Detected Linux
Searching device to flash..
Found XQ-CC54, serial:, baseband:, bootloader:
Found matching device with serial XXXXXXXXX
Fastboot command: fastboot -s XXXXXXXXX
>> fastboot -s XXXXXXXXX getvar secure
<< getvar:secure                                      FAILED (remote: 'GetVar Variable Not found')

What could be the problem?

EDIT: resolved, @direc85 helped me Xperia 10 IV flash 4.6.0.15 faulty - #7 by direc85

I did not revert, after OTA update Browser still works fine on esr91

4 Likes

Is there a solution to this? Or such device will not be able to install this (and later) updates?

1 Like

Does ssu 4.6.0.15 && ssu ur && zypper ref && zypper dup work for anybody?

I’ve read somewhere in this forum that it may be related to USB3. Try a USB2 port.

I have to say that these issues are a nogo for me. I’ll wait for these issues to be solved before flashing my Xperia 10 V.

4 Likes

Yeah reminded me of the famous saying «To boldly go where no (sane) engineer has gone before, or at least recently.» Respect!

3 Likes

Great update, thank you! It went flawlessly on my X10iii. My banking app for Rabobank works properly again, what a nice surprise.

1 Like

Thanks for hint, I have it connected to USB 2.0, I have it verified. When I run the command separately, it finishes without an error

$ fastboot -s XXXXXXXXXX getvar secure
secure: no
Finished. Total time: 0.003s
2 Likes

This mounting should only happen if the partition is unused.

1 Like

They wait for Sony blobs to fix at least some of them.

Thank you for the update. It went flawlessly and quick on my XA2 plus . No problems, everything works (except GPS, but that was already faulty).

Thank you Jolla / Jollyboys very much. My Xperia 10 V has now Sailfish 4.6.0.15. Nice to be back at OS home again! :smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I ran into the same problem with Sony Xperia 10 V. I rebooted the phone and repeated the process. The second time the flash script worked as it should!

You are right, I updated via the cli anyway, and it went fine. /opt2 is not created if the partition is already used. Confusing statements by Jolla I must say.