[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.13

I second that. Best feature for my use case.
A non crashing, up to date browser would be ace also.

2 Likes

I had this. Never used DND but “flashlight” was inserted first in the list

My actions were messed up too. A custom Bluetooth action (to open the Settings submenu) was replaced with Edge Swipe (a Nephros patch)!

I have another issue. Something about Android keyboards was changed. There’s a mechanism to move the location of the text entry box in both Android and SFOS. This no longer works on m.facebook.com on Opera (the latter site is incredibly slow on native browser). Works in www.facebook.com.

If there’s one reason for Android Support it is Fennec with uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger.
I never used the SF Browser and probably never will.

3 Likes

Here is the same behaviour I am experiencing with my Xperia 10 III when I try to access the recovery mode:

Does anybody have a 4.5.0.X public release channel hybris-recovery.img for me?
(please not as a torrent download link… I cannot download that… most windows clients are instantly recognized as malware by the virus scanners, the installers are often adware infected anyway and if you find one it is close to unlikely to download anything matter what anyway since close to nobody is offering the file anyway. A ZIP file would be nice… even if you transfer it with wetransfer or something i dont mind…)

Why does jolla not offer at least one or two versions back in the jolla store but only the most recent (in this case defective) version?)

Here is something where they offer older installers as it seems, but all as torrent files which I can not download from:

Ok, I found after a lot of searching I found a download for a full version 4.4 in which i found a working hybris-recovery.img which brought me to the recovery mode and i could successfully connect by telnet, mount my sd and I am copying my files at the moment.

If I copy everything from /home/defaultuser/* it should copy all the “custom” files, right?
Or should I copy more to recreate my phone if necessary?

Since I flashed Sauna on my XA2 Ultra (after some problems with the update) I cannot send or receive SMS (to me more precise: I can send them and can receive them, but they are not shown in the messages app, only at the receivers phone, and in the notification view, respectively). In the same fashion I can’ create new calendar entries. There is no error shown, but they are not displayed afterwards. Does anybody know what could be the culprit here? Thank you everybody for assistence.

I resolved the problem with the calender by selecting the correct calendar to save to. Sorry for the fuss…

I noticed this after the upgrade too. Sometimes you get only IPv6 connectivity and need to turn off/on mobile data to get IPv4+IPv6 working. Also using Elisa and Xperia10III here.
It’s not a big issue really, push notifications for most messaging apps all work on IPv6 only, and it’s easy to toggle the mobile data when you notice some IPv4 only website not loading.

I also went to purchase a prepaid DNA sim to test out the 5G experience. Download speeds approx 300Mbps on 4G and 150Mbps 400 Mbps on 5G. So some room for improvement on the 5G speeds :upside_down_face:
EDIT: Went to a different location to test 5G speeds, and got 400Mbps down instead of 150!

Is there more information about this somewhere? Can I change the logo during the Flash process? Or did it just mean that it is supported but there is currently no UI for it?

1 Like

Fennec is my go to browser when the native one fails.

Anybody knows what I have to do to get the OS running again with that error? Or is it better to just wipe it and start from the start?

you will likely save a lot of time if you do a full backup at least of /home and then reflash. since you had trouble flashing 4.6, i would suggest using a desktop computer (as opposed to a laptop) and a usb2 port or usb2 hub to do the actual flashing, if you didnt before.

also, your thing about not downloading torrent files because the clients are spamware is bizarre. try transmission, deluge, or qBittorrent. all are cross-platform, open source under the GPLv3, trusted clients, and are not viruses and do not contain ads or spam. you can compile them yourself without any particular trouble if youre feeling paranoid about it.

however, like you say, i dunno how well-seeded those images are, but i imagine someone out there is seeding them at least occasionally.

I think the thing is not that he doesn’t want to use torrent but that he tried and it didn’t work because of windows security

That is intentional.

• tap Reply to give a quick response without opening the related app - this is used when you know what it is about, so there is no need to read the whole message
  • tap the orange bubble to open the Telegram app - this is used when you want to read the complete message before taking any further actions
7 Likes

Yesterday i just realized that Windows silently removed qbittorrent and when i tried to install it through chocolatey it didn’t let me because of security reasons. I thought that was really strange

1 Like

I would silently remove Windows. :wink:

11 Likes

Me not. I would cheer :wink:!

3 Likes

It was my girlfriends computer, it was already a huge step to have Linux on the phone. I only use Linux since proton on steam came out.

3 Likes

If I am not badly mistaken, this is for R&D projects only. I do not think there is any intention to make it possible for end-users to change the logo (although it might be cool). It was probably unnecessary to report that change in the release notes.

2 Likes

Thank you for this update. Makes me happy: on my XA2 plus I can use Aurora again. Installing doesn’t stuck anymore. NewPipe works. Making a phone call is possible again since the update. The device is a bit slow but never mind. Excellent sound, great visibility, good typing, fingerprint always works.

3 Likes

wow, holy sh*t. turns out windows is a virus. i looked it up and it sounds like you can add an exception to ‘windows defender’ to not delete the software that you deliberately installed on YOUR OWN COMPUTER.

3 Likes