[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.13

I, too, had a multitude of problematic packages (mostly opt-kf5_…) from Chum that I couldn’t remove due to circular dependencies. So I ignored the advice to remove, which has often worked before, but first install attempt failed with a “Try again later” message.

Luckily, someone else had recently run into the same problem and @eson provided a solution:

The next upgrade attempt succeeded without issue, after I had removed all offending packages and rebooted.

Thank you @Jolla for the release! Now off to enjoy the improvements :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since the instructions are not there: Is 4.6.0.13 not rolled out to Xperia IV and V? And if not, when will this happen?

My understanding was, that it will be rolled out, with the public release of 4.6.0.13

Exactly 1 month ago they said “in 1-2 months”. So it should happen between tomorrow and July 20th :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe it will happen as soon as the instructions will be there.

1 Like

I am also waiting for Xperia V. I did not buy the phone to have it be a paperweight. I get that Android compatibility is to be released later, but the core OS was supposed to be released at Sauna launch.

1 Like

No. The free version for the 10 IV & V was said to be released “in 1-2 months” counting from the Jolla Love Day 2, whereas the paid components (i.e. the AppSupport) were said to come out in August.

This is a screenshot of their presentation:

7 Likes

I would like to point out that the following bug

has not been solved and it renders the device next to unusable.

Just to mention an example from this morning, I went out by car to go to work and started Waze; connectivity was f**ed up, Waze did not connect and I missed information about a road accident which blocked my usual road. After some time in the queue, I managed to get connectivity back (this time it required a reboot, looks like there is another bug with Android connectvity but I cannot single it out until this one is solved). I took a secondary road to go back and take an alternate way, only to find TWO construction sites with alternating traffic regulated by traffic lights. This resulted in about half an hour wasted during my commute.

2 Likes

As I unfortunately still see the massive audio (routing) issues on a Xperia 10 II with this update, I’ve decided to summarise all the different kinds I’ve encountered so far again. Xperia 10 III audio and video problems trigger after a period of time in use - #60 by schmittlauch

Subjectively it might have even gotten worse and the issues appear more frequent, at least nothing has improved with the 4.6.x updates.

5 Likes

Tethering (USB or WIFI) : ip_forward setting is missing when tethering is used.

I had to set it manually

Niether has the issue of duplicate buttons, like ‘flashlight’ or ‘Do Not Disturb’, been fixed in 4.6.0.13 as stated either. I had this issue again this morning when I added the ‘Hotspot’ button in settings. What I got was two flashlight buttons (both working and turning the flashlight on/off) instead. I had to remove the flashlight button from the menu to get rid of both of them, and then one of them turned into its correct hotspot button.

For me the Android connectivity issue is better, but certainly not solved. Its happened to me twice since upgrading to 4.6.0.13.

2 Likes

On the question of whether to upgrade now, or later - when it might be safer:

Do we have to go through 4.6.0.13 anyway, or could I jump from directly from 4.5.x.xx to 4.6.0.14?

I believe the answer here depends on whether this release is considered a ‘stop release’…

That’s still to be determined.

1 Like

In terms of fixed Vulnerabilities, i would upgrade now.

1 Like

Podcatcher does work, Use the Jolla store version, Openrepos has an old version. Happiness joyous swells within my breast.

2 Likes

Navigation :white_check_mark: (Here Wego)
Mail :white_check_mark:
Telefone :white_check_mark:
SMS :white_check_mark:
Mail :white_check_mark:
Threema :white_check_mark:
Signal :white_check_mark:
Telegram :white_check_mark:
Vodafone… Has to be startet via settings.

Works for me.

And the best thing is: I can search my calender.

2 Likes

Still needs an android browser to run Tuta (for encrypted mail and calendar).

1 Like

There is no official message of release of 4.6 yet?
Not here in the forum, but found no new blog post on Jolla’s blog, and no tweet.

4 Likes

Look the first post. Even if not blogged I guess that it’s official. Or something :wink:.

1 Like

Midsummer? Everyone busy with :champagne: ?

1 Like

See this Thread above …

1 Like