Questions about the Jolla C2 Community Phone

The XA2 plus has one such a stripe on the bottom of the phone. If I swipe the screen with apps up, this lighted stripe comes on top. It marks the screen.

LED is great, but only when it’s highly configurable

1 Like

Surely this is it

But this one is different

If you have it, you can disable it in settings.
If you don’t have it, you can’t enable it in settings.
Hate is perhaps an energy waste in that case.
I wish there will be one, that you will be able to deactivate to your convenience. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you please tell me how to disable these notification lights? I only see in settings how to regulate sounds, not lights.

Maybe this hint from @spiiroin is helpful:

2 Likes

What? Awful doubt… I was so sure that it was possible that I didn’t even think things could be different.
But you are right. No direct way.
But… On my N900 in 2010, it was possible to configure that, IIRC. Perhaps like here, not directly in settings?
Sorry for the presumption, anyway.

So, let’s double hope: C2 with LED + Setting to disable.

5 Likes

What about android version of the device?Can we flash SFOS on it or its still unknown.I can buy Reeder S19 Max Pro S few months old with tiny crack on the back for 50€ or go to Turkey and buy it brand new.

2 Likes

I’m not sure there will be any (officially) flash able images for the C2. It’s a Jolla Phone… not an X.

1 Like

Is it really confirmed, that the C2 is a standard Reeder phone?

Btw.: Still hoping for another security functionality besides the security code, e.g. maybe Sailfish OS 5 can prove facial recognition as no fingerprint sensor is available (afaik).

1 Like

I can’t say for sure. The model is confirmed, but standard:thinking:

2 Likes

That will not happen. Not on SFOS 5 anyway.

1 Like

A missing fingerprint reader may not be modern, but it’s secure:

5 Likes

The very article says that apple has a quick way of temporarily disable fp and you can always just shut down the phone, so not a big deal imo. Though I have been wondering if it would same day be possible to use amazfish and smartwatch to only allow fp unlocking when you are awake and calm.

What would be even better is a second self-destruct code that wipes the phone before unlocking it. I don’t really care about losing the hardware, but such a personal device may hold information that could be far more devastating if it falls into the wrong hands. And I’m not even thinking about law enforcement.

2 Likes

Why not?Ive read here and there about C1 and Intex Aqua Fish,so its not uncommon to use the same strategy.Sony devices are much more superior than C2 ,but still lacks some functionality…not Jolla fault!

And face recognition would be even worse, when it comes to security, so lets hope that will never happen on SFOS.

1 Like

That was a community initiative, so not officially.

Id never mention official support,but still ready to pay the subsciption/license on “unsupported” phone.

2 Likes

Or configure Amazfit-Script on 3 presses shutdown Smartphone