QML playback of webm files sometimes hangs

REPRODUCIBILITY: 10-20%
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.25
HARDWARE: XIII
UI LANGUAGE: eng
REGRESSION: no

DESCRIPTION:

When playing back webm files in neliapila or even jolla-gallery app the playback will sometimes stop after first few frames and cause the app to become unresponsive. Example webm for testing: https://files.catbox.moe/0y9d2i.webm
Never seen that happen with the browser so please download the file and open it in gallery app 5-10 times in a row (if playback doesn’t halt almost immediately, just close player window and open again until it breaks)

In console this error is thrown (but not 100% of the time): library “/apex/com.android.vndk.v30/lib64/hw/android.hidl.memory@1.0-impl.so” needed or dlopened by “/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib64/libvndksupport.so” is not accessible for the namespace “sphal”
Edit: sometimes the above message is preceded by: library “libandroidicu.so” needed or dlopened by “/system/lib64/libmedia.so” is not accessible for the namespace “(default)”
But also not 100%

PRECONDITIONS:

Have a webm file (for example: https://files.catbox.moe/0y9d2i.webm)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Never seen that happen with the browser so please download the example file and open it in gallery app 5-10 times in a row (if playback doesn’t halt almost immediately, just close and open again until it breaks)

EXPECTED RESULT:

Playback works fine every time

ACTUAL RESULT:

Playback stops and the app hangs after leaving the player

MODIFICATIONS:

Openrepos, extra swap

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this on my XA2.

Currently Gallery is my only video player, I just tried 10x with appsupport activated, and 10x without. Always closing the app in between.

The video is 12s long, yes?

I also don’t see any weird output in the journal (like what you describe). None, in fact, while the video is playing.

1 Like

No need to close app, just X to close player and get back to list of videos to click the webm again etc, seems pretty reproducible on XIII, maybe 64bit bug, don’t remember it on jolla C either