Q: Storeman complains about a not existing source - what can i do?

On starting Storeman to check for app updates, Storeman complains about a not existing source but doesn’t tell me which source is the missing or not loadable one. How can I find out what is the missing source, to remove the source manually from Storeman sources list?

Does starting from command line tell you anything extra?

1 Like

Maybe this very crude command line can help:

ssu lr | grep -v jolla | awk '/\.\.\./ {print $NF}' | while read line
do curl -I $line
done

In the output, look for the “HTTP” lines, every response code other than 200 or 301 is suspicious.

3 Likes

Another way would be to install zypper, and watch the output for zypper ref for any errors.

2 Likes

@nephros Zypper is installed, zypper ref reports no error and nothing suspicious. All repos do update. This I did on the phone’s CLI.

The big command is a problem atm, on trying to ssh to the phone it reports

andrea@andrea-Voom-Laptop-Max:~$ ssh volla
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.3 port 22: Connection refused

This happens sometimes, I have no idea why. It fixes itself and works again after some time and/or a reboot. Have no idea why, but something seems to be wrong with the system. It’s the Volla (GS290) / SFOS 4.4.0.72 .

edit: reboot didn’t help. Still connection refused.
ssh -l defaultuser 192.168.0.3 also doesn’t work.
sftp to phone also not possible.

@robthebold Starting Storeman from CLI reports:

[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library "libpq_cust.so" not found
[W] unknown:0 - Network request error QNetworkReply::NetworkError(HostNotFoundError) - "Host openrepos.net not found"

Below the cursor is present but not flashing and the Storeman app is running now.

After checking for updates in Storeman there occur a lot of lines:
[D] unknown:0 - Specified Desktop file does not exist ""
and between these lines in the middle a different one:
[C] unknown:0 - Could not read "/home/.zypp-cache/solv/harbour-storeman-obs/solv"

There are 11 D lines before and 11 D lines after the C line.

After closing the Storeman app, nothing more happens and input prompt occurs again.

edit:
I deinstalled zypper and storeman manually by CLI, then reinstalled zypper by devel-su pkcon install zypper then reinstalled Storeman by Storeman Installer, that I have stored on SD card → works again

For the ‘refused connection’ the WLAN setting was the culprit. It forgot it’s DNS server setting for unknown reasons, therefore no WLAN connection possible. I found this because also Browser didn’t work using WLAN but works with cellular data. On checking WLAN settings I found the missing DNS setting. No idea why the phone forgot the DNS setting. It worked flawless for months before.

Thank you very much for helping me @robthebold and @nephros !

edit (one day later):
Since deinstallation + reinstallation of zypper and Storeman the phone runs much faster and smoother, all apps including Waydroid are launching faster, run smoother, screen more reactive, scrolling and two finger size change is now working flowless. Touch-keyboard reacts also much better on taps now :smiley: :heart_eyes:

I have the same for a while on my 10 III.

@Kea, as the maintainer of Storeman I would like to understand the reason why this is happening, so I can try to fix it, if Storeman caused it (unfortunately @Seven.of.nine’s messages do not provide any insight into this).

Thus, can you please check by the help of these commands:

1. devel-su # Become root user
  2. pkcon refresh # Check if there are any errors
    or zypper refresh # If you have zypper installed, use it instead of pkcon, because it provides much more detailed error messages
  3. Use @nephros’ script, which can be simply entered at the command line:
    ssu lr | fgrep -v jolla | awk '/\.\.\./ {print $NF}' | while read line; do curl -I $line; done
    As he states:
    In the output, look for the “HTTP” lines, every response code other than 200 or 301 is suspicious.
  4. ssu lr

You can stop at the first step, which outputs an error and then provide the error message here. If you reach step 4 without any error messages, please provide the output of step 4.
NB: The easiest approach for this is to log in to the phone via ssh or slogin from a desktop computer and copy&paste the command line output to a web-browser, but you sure can also do all this directly on the phone.

2 Likes

One-liner should read:

ssu lr | fgrep -v jolla | awk '/\.\.\./ {print $NF}' | while read line; do curl -I $line; done

and there is nothing suspicious.
For me it looks like a kind of timeout that happens unrelated to the particular repository.

@kan_ibal, thank you for your reply. What is unclear to me, which specific issue you observed (@Seven.of.nine wrote: “Storeman complains about a not existing source but doesn’t tell me which source is the missing or not loadable one”) and what “the particular repository” means, as @Seven.of.nine stated none is mentioned. To know the exact wording of the error message may be helpful.

Well, inputting the mini-script as a three-liner or as a one-liner yields the same result, but for simply cut&pasting it a one-liner is surely much more handy. Hence I changed it in my posting.

2 Likes

After deinstalling + reinstalling Storeman everything works fine now. The CLI output now is:

[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ harbour-storeman
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library "libpq_cust.so" not found

Now Storeman up and running. The line ‘[W] unknown:0…’ is not present now.

Now checking for updates - this comes additional on CLI:

[C] unknown:0 - Could not read "/home/.zypp-cache/solv/harbour-storeman-obs/solv"

(checking ‘installed apps’ and update by pulley menu)

On closing Storeman, the input prompt occurs again.

I can’t tell more, the phone works now finest, but something still seems to be wrong. The only difference between before and after deinst. / reinst. is that this line is disappeared now:

[W] unknown:0 - Network request error QNetworkReply::NetworkError(HostNotFoundError) - "Host openrepos.net not found"
1 Like

Thanks, I already gathered, that reinstalling Storeman miraculously fixed the issue. Hence I dismissed this issue as a “one off” incident (also because you also had unrelated network configuration issues), until @Kea stated to observe this, too.

1. Your reinstallation-fix was without altering anything WRT the repository configuration, either from within Storeman or by ssu, right?
  2. But the issue was well reproducible before the reinstallation of Storeman, correct?
  3. BTW, «[W] unknown:0 - Network request error QNetworkReply::NetworkError(HostNotFoundError) - "Host openrepos.net not found"» sounds as if no OpenRepos repository at all was reachable, but you stated that only a single repository was affected and the other OpenRepos repositories were successfully refreshed, right?

This is what it looks like

1 Like

Thank you @kan_ibal, but I cannot find the string “Couldn’t find the specified repository” or even parts of it, as “find the” or “specified”!?! As I fixed the message title (“occured” with a single r) 8 months ago, which version of Storeman are you using (see top pulley → About)?

1 Like

Version of Storeman->About->0.3.2

It’s indeed not the latest version. Should be 0.3.3

Are you sure :)? Have a look at storeman’s github repository. Definitely there is something of with autoupdate.

Well

1 Like

The latest is 0.3.7 :).

3 Likes

I had the same issues: Storeman complaining about a non-existing source, storeman version 0.3.2 and no new updates (of Storeman, other apps downloaded with Storeman were updated regularly).
I uninstalled Storeman, downloaded the storeman-installer from openrepos.net (Storeman Installer | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System) and ran it. Now I’m on version 0.3.7 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe a repository of Storeman is missing in Storeman 3.2/3.3 (has it changed?) hence the error and lack of update?