Q: Is there any phone with a display that is readable in direct sunlight?

Q: Is there any phone with a display that is readable in direct sunlight, for use outdoor, and flashable with SFOS?

1 Like

The Volla Phone X has an excellent display brightness of 580cd/m² and is waterproof, perfect for the outdoors! It will most likely come with the same Sailfish community port as the normal Volla Phone.

2 Likes

Sure, f.ex. Hisense A7 (CC) with an (color) eink display. Or the Yotaphone 3.

2 Likes

Well apart from the sfos part, there is Hisense A5, which is based on Qualcomm636, same as XA2 and X10
[The more recent A5pro is based on Unisoc Tiger T610]

The always on eink display is a killer phone feature for me.

Such a pity none of the manufacturers support anything but 'droid, some of the CN phones have really innovative features

1 Like

Xperia 10II is really good at sunlight. XA2 was not usable at all, needed to go to shade.

1 Like

The Xperia 10II has an OLED display, so it is indeed quite good in direct sunlight.

1 Like

Oled is nothing compared to eInk. The more sun, the better, like the gameboy (color)
There is the Hisense touch on the way, I will buy it because it has no GSM modem, perfect for me.
Does anyone know a color eInk 8" tablet with full Linux support?

1 Like

XA2 Plus is readable in sunlight with the brightness level set to 50 to 75 %. But you can make use of the Light Ambience to make the display more readable in Sunlight.