Q: How can I make the videoplayer autostart on clicking a video?

Hi there,

Can I modify the settings of the videoplayer in a way, that playback of videos starts immediately after tapping them in “Gallery/Videos” ?

Now it is necessary to click a second time on start button to playback.

Greetings!

If you have any coding experience the file I think is in usr/share/jolla-gallery-pages/FlickableImageViewer.qml

Around line 82, or try setting autoPlay around line 12 to true, I’ve not tried anything myself just had a quick look

1 Like

Thank you! Found the file in

Will try my best and report here, but I have no coding experience, but am willing to learn…

Try adding : true to the end of line 12 first, might have some effect

1 Like

All this leads to error messages like ‘page not found’ and doesn’t help. Any other ideas?

i darkly remember that autoplay once was on in ancient times, and was switched off by the devs for unknown reasons.

So, does anyone really know how to switch on Autoplay again, and can tell me please?

Suggestion above works.

In the file /usr/share/jolla-gallery/pages/FlickableImageViewer.qml
line 11, it should be this:

property bool autoPlay

and change it to this:

property bool autoPlay: true

1 Like

Yes @Kuba77 this way it works! Thanks very much.

My mistake earlier was: I typed a space between ‘autoPlay’ and ‘:’.

I copied the path from the second post and I didn’t notice the typo. Now it’s in my post correct.

1 Like

I removed the obsolete typo report.

This is really a solution for the video autoplay problem, but (edit: since short time) if ‘: true’ is added to line 11, photos are no more shown on tapping them. Screen stays black after tapping a photo, only the elements i, x on upper edge and trash, edit (pencil), share and create ambience on lower edge stay visible. on tapping the ‘pencil’ or ‘create ambience’ symbol, photo becomes visible again, but in main view it stays black.

What can I try to bring photo view back when video autoplay is enabled?

edit: I tried before on Volla, and now I checked also on Xperia 10. I found out:

1. There’s a new file name, it is now ‘FlickableImageView.qml’. The file named ‘viewer’ is no more present neither on Xperia 10 nor on Volla.
  2. The line 11 looks exactly as before, but adding ‘: true’ leads to the problem mentioned above.

I guess there must have been major changes in the code, I don’t understand.

It’s exactly the same behavior on Xperia 10 and on Volla.