Q: How can I force the phone to connect preferably to 4G network first?

Q: How can I force the phone to connect preferably to 4G network at first if available, and not always to 2G at first and only later to 4G? This occures always after leaving flight mode and wastes time. Is there a way to login the phone directly into the 4G network without the long way round the 2G network?

Settings → Mobile Network → Network Mode → Prefer 4G

Isn’t what you’re looking for?

1 Like

No, it is set to 4G. But always if I leave flight mode, the phone searches for networks, connects to 2G network, stays there for a few seconds or 1 or 2 minutes, then disconnects and reconnects to 4G network.
This is every morning, because I switch the phone to flight mode while sleeping to be not disturbed by people who dial the wrong number or commercial calls.

I don’t think there is anything you can do. 4G should already have priority.
I’m thinking either 4G signal is quite poor where you are, or there is some network sharing stuff going on where the preferred PMN-id on your SIM is not actually what the LTE network has.
Are you on some sort of MVNO? Could be worth getting a replacement SIM if it is old; but i wouldn’t count on it.

1 Like

Signal is good here where I am, 2G and 4G, but SIM card is a Vodafone subprovider prepaid SIM card from Chinese phone shop. So, if there no setting and no hack is known, I will live with it.

I just tested with my XA2, 4,4, Vodafone Prepaid (Germany) and got instant 4G after stopping flight mode. I actually leave my phone in flight mode at night, too.

Maybe you could test another SIM card?

1 Like

Have a look at CellMon.

1 Like