Pure Maps (Native map app)

On it :0 Recently @mad_dev suggested twitter is now also a candidate and I can’t imagine it will become less :slight_smile: Please suggest use cases a https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/third-party-api-keys-and-keypeer every api people suggest will give us a better case for finding support to fund it :slight_smile:

1 Like

As for traffic, I am sure HERE somewhere provides it in their new Platform.here.com API as well . So, please check docs and see how to enable it. To see traffic overlay, you could also try to use Mapbox.com. That will show traffic, but its not connected to routers in Pure Maps - not sure they have it linked to routers.

No,no, yes, routing does work. I on purpose selected HERE as routing provider.
Used it twice today (and almost got fired cause instead of being late/lost, I broke down dry fuel :rofl:)
It works and is great because it takes traffic into account. (didn’t advise me highway because of a jam)

2 Likes

OK, that’s good. Then please check docs regarding traffic tiles and why they could be missing.

2 Likes

I raised a ticket with them as there is nothing else to do (you can activate traffic api and vector traffic tiles api in your project, but those endpoints work, just not compatible with puremaps), so far:

I remember that we have a little problem internally and a ticket open. Please allow us some time to update your app_id, I'll inform you once done.

Hopefully they’ll fix it for all apps and no need for per app action on their side, will post here when they provide an update

3 Likes

Just wanted to report that the traffic layer if blank for me also.

1 Like

Looks like they fixed it, traffic tiles now seem to work as expected (did not hear from them, just accidentally opened pure maps)

1 Like

For me its still the same. Grey screen.

1 Like

When you run it from terminal do you get a bunch of 403’s? Do normal tiles work?

2 Likes

Yes. I get 403s when using the traffic layer. Normal (as in Default layer) work “fine”.

“fine”= seems to be a bit jerky rendering but not a huge issue

Might turn out that they do actually fix it per appid, still didn’t hear from them, will ask about it in the ticket

1 Like

Yes, 403 too here.

1 Like

Just got this:

If you’re still getting 403’s probably a ticket will help

2 Likes

The 403 issue hasn’t resolved for me but lets give it a day or something.

Another thing i noticed is that when i start the app from the terminal i get a blue position marker (not the pointed one) but when i do it from the launcher i don’t. Any idea whats up with that?

In case it helps someone to confirm this is same issue, this should work:

curl \
  -X GET \
  -H 'Content-Type: *' \
  --get 'https://1.base.maps.ls.hereapi.com/maptile/2.1/maptile/newest/normal.day/11/525/761/256/png8' \
    --data-urlencode 'apiKey=APIKEY' --output file.png

Replace APIKEY with your own, file.png should end up being an image. This is the traffic tiles one:

curl \
  -X GET \
  -H 'Content-Type: *' \
  --get 'https://1.traffic.maps.ls.hereapi.com/maptile/2.1/traffictile/newest/normal.traffic.day/11/525/761/256/png8' \
--data-urlencode 'apiKey=APIKEY' 

Which results in:

3 Likes

Oh, great to share this way to test directly!

So yes, what happens is as expected. The traffic curl command returns a

{“error”:“Forbidden”,“error_description”:“These credentials do not authorize access”}

I wrote a ticket here, lowest section, " How can we help you?". Let’s see…

1 Like

Have you also tried to link traffic Service to the starter project as described in the doc?

Create a project
To create a project, follow these steps:

Sign in to the HERE platform using your HERE account.
Open the Projects Manager from the launcher.
Click Create new project.
Enter a name for the project. Project names don’t have to be unique.
Enter a project ID. Project IDs must be unique within an organization and cannot be changed for the lifetime of the organization. Project IDs must be between 4 and 16 characters in length.
Optional: Enter a description.
Click Save.
On the Resources tab, select Services and then click Link a Service.
Search for the HERE Vector Tile - Traffic service and click Link.
Click Done.

I tried this but had no luck so far. At least traffic info is used during navigation at the moment on my side.

Are there maps with contour line or level curves available for Pure Maps?

In Pure Maps’ settings/maps there is only ‘OSM Scout (Voreinstellung)’ available and nothing else. Can I add something here?

edit: What is the best speech engine (for german language)?

Pure Maps doesn’t use HERE vector tiles (yet). Same for vector tiles traffic.

If you see only OSM Scout in maps that means you are in “Offline” profile. Change that to “Online”

PS: picotts is probably the best we have now for German TTS

3 Likes