Proton VPN on Sailfish relevant?

Hi! New here and not very experienced with software in general.

But I am a Proton user and I wonder if ProtonVPN works on Sailfish and If i as a newbie can manage to install it/run it.

Saw and old topic but unsure if it relevant and lots of steps I am really unfamiliar with.

1 Like

Hello

Yes it works. You have to download the conf file from protonvpn website (one for each server you want to use) and import it in the vpn config page in settings.

7 Likes

Yep that’s what I do as well, works great! Here are their instructions for downloading the files How to download WireGuard configuration files | Proton VPN

8 Likes

Okay this did seem to work! I was worried I would have DNS-leaks that was menetioned in an old thread.
So now I just download all the servers that I wish to connect to?

Thanks for the help, as I try to be behind vpn at all times even with my limited knowledge in tech.

2 Likes

If you use Sailfish-native apps, this should not be an issue. But there is a DNS leak with Android-apps, reported here

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up, wasn’t aware of the issue! Turns out the VPN doesn’t work as well as I had imagined :sweat_smile:

I hadn’t checked for leaks before, but now that I did with protonvpn on, it seems that I have leaks even on the native browser. I tried looking around but couldn’t find explanations for this. Any ideas?

I don’t see that with my VPN, so it might be some configuration issue maybe?

From experience with surfshark, I would start by disabling ipv6 and check again for dns leak

1 Like