Problems with downgrading from Android 13 in Xperia 10 III

Well, next time you’ll have someone reading only the important parts, but according to their views, wishing it was the other way around…

¯\(ツ)

I fiddled around with fastboot drivers for hours before remembering my USB cable might not be wired for data. I switched it and suddenly everything worked.

I know it’s in bold in the guide but I think they need to emphasise it more.

1 Like

Bold, underlined, red and bigger font size!
congrats that it finally worked!

2 Likes

My problem is even worse. My Xperia 10 iii cant conndct to computers at all. All the drivers that i tey to install either cant start(if i install as a legacy haedware) or straightly failed at the driver update manually directly from the tree view. Both were done under the device manager.

In some cases you have to use an usb2-hub, because some usb3-controllers have quirks with sony mobiles or the other way…

Xperia 10iii usb issue seems very common. I did a trick and installed the Sailfish OS eventually. I used xperia 10 ii, 10, and Xperia 1V to enter the fastboot mode to the computer, of course theycwere all recognized and the drivers were installed too. Then I tried my fastboot the 10iii on the windows, it went to the blue light finally, but the windows still cant detect it; however, it is also enter the blue light in the linux and linux fastboot recoganize it. :slight_smile: I dont know what triggered it to work, but it worked. I used the same cable that didnt work before.

1 Like

Alright, for windows you have to install drivers

Problemcis none of the drivers i tried is working, all with error code 10 in windiws manager. Phone storage wasnt connect at all initially. It has to be the phone itself. But anyway, by using xperia 10ii fastboot, windows installed the drivers correctly the 10iii is working.