Problem with USB DAC playback

Hello!

I have a problem with my Xperia 10 iii and connecting it to my USB DAC (Scarlett 2i2).

There’s no audio output to the monitors. Song will play through speaker. Using media player. Straight USB C cable. Works on another android device as it should, plug’n’play.

Solutions, please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think either the device is missing drivers in the kernel, or the audio isn’t routed to the device automatically. You could try running dmesg -w and plugging the device in, and seeing what happens. If it gets detected as an audio device, you’ll probably hit this configuration issue, so you’ll need to switch the sink manually. I couldn’t find it with a quick search, but there’s an app for it somewhere.

1 Like

Audio Output Chooser, I think.

1 Like

How I wish. Tried that to no avail. Thank you for the reply.

I’ll try this tomorrow, thanks

What is deep_buffer?

If you are a music enthusiast, you can download Album Player for linux, follow the instructions and run it directly. It will make your usb dac work perfectly and achieve bit-perfect output. It has a range of audiophile settings and works perfectly on SailfishOS.It definitely has the best sound quality on sailfishOS

For instance:

[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ pacmd list-sinks | grep -e ‘name:’ -e ‘index’ -e ‘Speakers’

index: 0
	name: <sink.primary_output>
    index: 1
	name: <sink.deep_buffer>
  * index: 2
	name: <sink.null>
1 Like

I have the same problem with my dac connection. My Xperia X works fine. Connecting to usb, it detects the dac and set the output to it. My new Xperia 10 iii fails to connect the dac.

I have looked which modules pulseaudio loads while starting and one module is missing for the 10 iii. The module-udev-detect is never loaded. When I load this module manualy, then it detects the dac. But the audio output still directed to the internal speaker. The audio output app is not helping. What works, is to move sink input with

pactl move-sink-input #stream #dac

But only for one song. To set the dac to default sink was not working.

The question is, why is the detect module never loaded? It is in /etc/pulse/default.pa.

has someone else an idea?