Podqast: New data model

Thanks to @thigg podqast 2.20, the queue based podcast player, now works with a sql database model.

This is the first step for going to a 3 release with speed, ui, and backend updates. Please use
https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/podqast/-/issues for problems and ideas. You can discuss at Matrix #podqast:g3la.de

2.20 needs a data migration at first startup. It already can be downloaded at openrepos, harbour soon.

3 Likes

Hi @cy8aer ! Thanks for the app.
I should’ve given you at least a heart for the post back then. I use Podqast a lot.

allow me to highjack (to some degree) this thread:
When building your app from current main branch (RPM), I get a white screen running it on SFOS 4.4.0.68, Xperia X.
Are there any tricks to get the main branch version running? Before doing further bug reports, I’d like to check out the most recent dev version

Thanks.
Rozgwi

What does the console output say?

Hi @thigg . Thanks for your response!

The output is this

$ sailfish-qml harbour-podqast
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[D] unknown:0 - Got library name:  "/usr/lib/qt5/qml/io/thp/pyotherside/libpyothersideplugin.so"
[W] unknown:444 - file:///usr/share/harbour-po
dqast/qml/harbour-podqast.qml:444:5: Type PlayerHandler unavailable
          PlayerHandler {
          ^
[W] unknown:114 - file:///usr/share/harbour-podqast/qml/components/PlayerHandler.qml:114:39: Unexpected token `'
          aktchapter = chapters.length -\ 1
                                        ^

The commit I built from was 77156dd

Try 9b5810af (the tabsview MR), thats the most current state of development. Indeed, the commit you tried is broken.

you’re also welcome to join the matrix room for podqast :slight_smile:

If you want to fix the commit you are on, remove the \ from the line indicated in the log output in PlayerHandler

1 Like

Maybe you wont be able to checkout the tabsview commit directly because it is on my branch. In that case add thigg/podqast as a remote

1 Like

Well, that explains it :wink:
thanks! I’ll do some rebasing and try your branch / the fix you posted.

Ill check out the matrix channel, if I have any further questions or problems.