Please help me set my email

REPRODUCIBILITY: everytime
OS VERSION: 4.5
HARDWARE: F5121
UI LANGUAGE: CZ
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

when I factory reset and updated to latest 4.5, email accounts are set as pop3 - thats the first problem, when I edit server settings, imap.seznam.cz is written in ag-tools as POP3 server.
I compared ag-tool settings with backup and realized that newly created accounts are all in pop3.
So I am trying now to import working account from 3.4 backup. I edited file accounts.dump from backup and repaired one account which was written as pop3. I copied settings from another account which was IMAP4 and edited. This edited account is now working properly (sending/receiving), but another two have in ag-tool setting listed (i don´t know why) parameter Credentials need update = true and smtp/CredentialsId = 41 - working account has not smtp/credentialsid parameter, so I want to try to delete it, but I don´t know how. Is anywhere some location with mail config files to edit it with vi? Or does someone know command to delete this line via ag-tool?

Oh and creating new accounts from scratch is not working, it detects and sets automatically all new accounts as pop3. Who in these days still use POP3? It was outdated 10 years ago.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

WORKING EMAIL

ACTUAL RESULT:

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

First step would be to use the UI to go into the accounts settings, and re-enter user names and passwords.
See if that makes the CredentialsNeedUpdate go away.

Note that Backup does not restore passwords so they end up being invalid upon import (this is by design).

That was first thing i tried maybe 20x times.not working

Works fine if you just click the ‘Manual setup’ at the bottom and input imap.seznam.cz then select ssl and smtp.seznam.cz and again ssl, default ports

2 Likes

I will try it, I completely ignored that button, i didnt see it :smiley:

Thanks a lot, you made my day :slight_smile: