Pinephone Questions

Hello all,

As mentioned in the subject, I have a few questions about the Pinephone.
I hope they can be answered here. First of all, thank you for the great development of the OS.I have already tried out a few OS and there is almost no one that can match the feel and look.

But now my questions :slight_smile:

Is the Pinephone a supported device or a community device?
The question is about whether it runs in the normal update cycle or needs manual intervention.

Do the following things work or is development in progress there?

1. camera
  2. GPS
  3. SD card
  4. SMS / Call
  5. Volume Control

are there any patches for the Pinephone via Terminal or Storeman?

Many thanks in advance for your answers

Greetings
Steffen

1 Like

SFOS on Pinephone is a community port.
More details can be found on the Pine64 Pinephone forum.

This posts mentions:

almost everything works except: camera, email, GPS.    
Still no way to unlock the SIM.

It’s a community device. The port is from Adam Piggz. I just asked and he stated everyting but camera ‘should’ work. It seems to be a work in progress.

UPDATE: and someone beat me to it:)

just as info.
Adam Piggs has created / provided a 64 bit version of SFOS 4.1.0.24.
I installed it with the Flash-it script.
You should update afterwards again with zypper ref and dup, so that the modem manager is up to date.

probably still comes out an info about it.

Also here are GPS & Camera without function. It was probably to finally have 64 bit on the Pinephone.
Which I feel is a great step in the right direction.

1 Like

Great news. Hadn’t heard that yet. I did successfully do an SSU upgrade 3.x to 4.0 a while back, and the pinephone experience actually improved – a lot fewer random shutdowns and restarts. Can’t wait to see what a fresh 4.1 looks like.

ed. Indeed it is 64 bit now. Needs aarch64 built apps.

How did you do the update ?
with the script or in the terminal with ssu?

IIRC, I used olf’s sfos-upgrade script. Doing it from terminal is just too tedious for me anymore. Phone screens seem to have gotten smaller lately despite having gotten so much bigger . . .

At the Moment i have the Error with Zypper ref. Repository “Store” can not found.