Pinch-to-zoom on Taskview/Homescreen

It would be a nice feature, when you can Pinch-to-zoom the Tiles on Taskview/Homescreen like in this Video:

Pinch-to-zoom Video

Before Zoom:

After Zoom:

Why would it be nice?
Can you try to make the feature request less subjective if possible?

I thought the design principle was to make things clear enough that they show well in both sizes, and limit to one (effectively two) actions per cover, so they can be triggered with reasonable accuracy. So what would this achieve?

1 Like

There is a patch “Force cover size” that might already serve the purpose of people who would want pinch to zoom.
I always force large covers, no matter how many apps there are.
I think adding pinch to zoom would complicate the code, and in my case would more often lead to accidental triggers, than being useful. But that is just my opinion.

2 Likes

There is a patch “Force cover size” that might already serve the purpose of people who would want pinch to zoom.

It doesn´t work on 4.4. The Patch can´t be activated.

Why would it be nice?

Beside the obviously advantages by having the big Tiles-Format (Better readable, better reach Click-Actions on Cover on small Screens.) that show-all at one-concept didn´t work with too many small Tiles. I face this Problem on Windows-Phone by enabling “show more tiles”, i end up with the opposide of a clear view. So this Idea/Option can solve that Problem for someone.

I thought the design principle was to make things clear enough that they show well in both sizes, and limit to one (effectively two) actions per cover, so they can be triggered with reasonable accuracy. So what would this achieve?

While the Jolla-Aproch is a good Base, it shouldn´t be hurt if they can add this option. But only if thats easily possible without Bloat the Launcher too many.

I know the dilemma of “featureitis” (More features leads often to a worser user-experience), im developing too (Lua, Windows, AmigaOS & Linux) and users often want it all, even if thats make no sense at all.

For me force cover size does work on 4.4.0.68, even in combination with no home carousel.

1 Like

I just checked, the web catalogue says compatible with 4.3, but it works anyway.

1 Like

Hmm, no.

You need to enable ‘allow not compatible patches’ (Inkompatible Patches erlauben) in the settings of Patchmanager.

3 Likes

That did the trick. It works now!

Thank you for the important hints!

2 Likes