Pictures will not send or download with Messages app

REPRODUCIBILITY (100% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

I’m new to Sailfish OS. I was trying to send pictures with the Message app. I get the error “Problem with sending message.” and also “Problem with downloading message.”. This happens 100% of the time. The twirling wheel spend some time on it, but then I get these messages. I can make calls and browse the internet just fine. I was trying to communicate with an iphone. Thanks for any advice.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Not sure if I understand correct, but I assume you are trying to send an MMS? Does your provider support this? I know I can’t send those because my mobile provider stopped this service.

1 Like

Yes. I’m trying to use MMS to send pictures and video. My mobile provider supports it. I was able to send two pictures successfully, but then it all stopped. I have a Sony XA2.

There is an app called MMS log. try if that can help to find out what is the issue.

Make sure your settings are set up correctly for MMS. Also, I’ve found that if you are connected to Wifi, it will not download, and sometimes I need to cancel and restart the download of the picture and then it downloads right away.

Thanks. I’ll try these suggestions.