Payment Options

As of last year, I can no longer purchase Sailfish OS with my currency card. Be that as it is, would it be possible for Jolla to make a Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies payment option for current and future versions of Sailfish? PayPal is utter bollocks and rubbish!

3 Likes

Europe = bureaucracy + regulations

For 8+ years J can’t implement ordering from non-EU countries and you expect them to accept BTC? Blasphemy!

3 Likes

I just joined the forum. I’ll revive the thread adding that beyond bitcoin or another cryptocurrency they could accept cash sent by letter.

Personally I got out of paypal a long time ago because they were leaking my data and denied it, so as of now I simply cannot pay.

From sailfishos.org:

“Sailfish X is currently available in the countries of the European Union, UK, Norway and Switzerland (“Authorized Countries”) and the use of our website and services to purchase Sailfish X outside of the Authorized Countries is prohibited.”

Considering the digitalisation of money (a.k.a. CBDC), we DO NEED a way to be able to obtain a license by an alternative payment system.
Jolla, come on!