Patchmanager web catalog failure: any workaround?

As the patch repository appears to be unavailable without short term solution, is there any workaround allowing to download and install existing patches?

2 Likes

Unfortunately not.

There is no mirror that I’m aware of, and while archive.org has the web site, it does not have the content/patch tarballs.

You could ask if someone have the patch that you need. Installing is trivial. :slightly_smiling_face:
One folder, two files (patch.json, unified_diff.patch) at /usr/share/patchmanager/patches

1 Like

Thx. However, I wasn’t asking for myself only. Also for the community.

3 Likes

@coderus would be the one who hosts the site.

1 Like

As for the current downtime, I am not sure as to why that is…

1 Like

Should we now consider the SFOS patch subsystem as dead? If so, any candidate to rebuild it?

1 Like

Well, his site is down, shiuld we decentralize the next instance?

1 Like

Unless we have a “divine surprise”, the key persons left the boat permanently. So yes, we have to establish a long term arrangement with redundant hosting, project continuity etc.

2 Likes

Can we get ahold of him?

can the developer move patches to chum repos ?

In theory RPMs could be put there, but it would lack most of the functionality of the Web Catalog interface.

I make a backup from all patches from this web cataloge in 01.03.2022. Maybe we can port this to a new server and collect the Versionsupdates fom March to September from the phones and all users here?
I saved on this day also the main page but not all sides :expressionless:

9 Likes

Bravo! Long life to hamsters!

Has someone an idea who manage the server?

1 Like

Basil for openrepos, and coderus for the web catalog.

3 Likes

Hasn’t coderus moved to sweden lately? Maybe he’ll fix it when he finds some time.

1 Like

But he also stopped working on SFOS months ago. And I think it makes sense for someone else to have to host it from now on. I hope when he finds time he can provide the backups.

If it helps, I could host it but I’d need some help to set it up.

1 Like

Today I noticed that the patchmanager web catolog is down. This is really sad as I really depend on it :frowning:
There is the info that @coderus stopped working with SFOS sometime ago.
If so, why we weren’t prepared for that? :confused:
Can someone contact coderus about this? Maybe he would host everything that seems to be lost?

1 Like