Opening a bookmark from app grid seems to be broken

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48 (Koli)
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Don’t know

DESCRIPTION:

I’m not able to open pinned bookmarks from the app grid. When clicked, focus is moved to the open apps view from app grid but browser does not start.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Add a bookmark to the app grid
  2. Click the bookmark icon from app grid

EXPECTED RESULT:

Browser starts

ACTUAL RESULT:

Browser does not start

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Mabe it is somewhat related to mime handlers?
I had Fernschreiber installed, which inserts itself as a http(s) handler, and it got activated instead.
However, now with it uninstalled, it still doesn’t work.

Edit: seems to still be that way for me.
From the journal log: error: /usr/bin/harbour-fernschreiber: not found

FIxed (for me) by removing ~/.local/share/applications/harbour-fernschreiber-open-url.desktop

2 Likes

This worked, thanks! I had also Piepmatz’s desktop entry there still ghosting and now that issue is gone also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, this fixed an issue I had today after installing Microtube.

I think this is right. A while back I installed Webcat, a replacement web browser from Openreps, when the Sailfish web browser was even less functional than it is today. Webcat was better but still had issues, so I went back to the native default browser. Even after I deleted the Webcat app any html link I tried to open from another app still tried to open Webcat even though it wasn’t installed anymore - resulting in … nothing happening. It took me ages, and a lot of help from people in the old Jolla Together forum, to edit some file to remove the mime handler for Webcat/html or whatever.

I have the same problem with Koli.
My Language is German.

Had same problem. Started Piepmatz after a long time. it created a hidden(?) url link and after that all url links were opening Piepmatz. Unistalling or recreating icons did not help. Removing url-link as instructed here solved my problem.