Off topic what Jolla should/must/does/does not do

How I have understood it, they made sister company, Venho AI. Which focuses only to the local AI solutions. It uses (or at least used?) sfos core as a base, so they co-operate quite a lot. They try to promote the AI side quite a lot, like everyone else. But I would expect Jolla to keep being focused on SFOS, while surely co-operating with Venho to bring optional AI functions to sfos side also. Venho on other hand is trying to gain traction with the AI products, but they seem to be more interested about B2B side. Similarly like Seafarix, which hopefully grows a lot as I hate to see Google made OS in European cars…

As Jolla has expressed interest to offer Jolla phone (or any phone with SFOS) to policy makers and in public space employees + increasing number of consumers they for sure need to keep eye on the main ball.

3 Likes

I really wish them all the best, it would be really great, but unfortunately I think that the big 2 have more lobbying power :melting_face:

1 Like

For sure they have, but as some parts have started to move to Linux in desktop space it isn’t so far fetched.

On the other side, the “big two” aren’t European companies. Seeing the first government parts of different EU countries slowly abandoning M$ architecture and moving to GNU/Linux raises hopes that the same movement gains traction in our mobile phone ecosystem. Though it will prove to be an enormous struggle, having an OS “made in the EU” might be a big win for Europe.

3 Likes

You forgot that Jolla is backed by the greatest salesman ever, who makes huge deals, maybe even the best deals ever, to make SFOS look like a more attractive option…